• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

letter in mail from police from another state

Started by akmisrmaadi, May 11, 2009, 06:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

akmisrmaadi

some moron detective from florida sent me a threatening letter. apparently they didn't like my comments to the mayor in a email.

saying i "may have" violated some florida statute... about threatening public officials... i did not threaten anyone... i might have said what i hope'd would happen to him...

of course i do not live in florida, so the florida statutes have no bearing on me correct?

Tunga

As far as we know there is no law that prohibits morons from sending email. It therefor looks like your in the clear. ;D

akmisrmaadi

Quote from: Tunga on May 11, 2009, 07:45 PM NHFT
As far as we know there is no law that prohibits morons from sending email. It therefor looks like your in the clear. ;D

heh thats funny :)

yea i'm not worried about its pretty funny they would send me this letter in the mail and misquote the statutes. typical government bottle of the barrel drone.

neggy

Well if it went by U.S. Mail then it is a federal crime if the recipient feels threatened, if it went electronically and crossed a state line in the transmission bingo also a federal offense.

There was one case where someone sent another party a threat via email, and even though they were in the same town, the prosecutors were able to prove the packet was relayed via an out of state server, and the feds stepped in and charged the sender. IIRC it was a postal employee in Kentucky, and the transmission was via AOL and it bounced through Ohio.

Keyser Soce

Replace the mayor's name with the detective's name and resend.

akmisrmaadi

Quote from: neggy on May 12, 2009, 09:18 PM NHFT
Well if it went by U.S. Mail then it is a federal crime if the recipient feels threatened, if it went electronically and crossed a state line in the transmission bingo also a federal offense.

There was one case where someone sent another party a threat via email, and even though they were in the same town, the prosecutors were able to prove the packet was relayed via an out of state server, and the feds stepped in and charged the sender. IIRC it was a postal employee in Kentucky, and the transmission was via AOL and it bounced through Ohio.

it wasn't a threat ;)

Ogre

No, no, I believe they were saying if YOU, personally, feel threatened by the letter, then the detective is the one who broke a federal law. And I'm pretty sure that he can now be held indefinitely in jail without charges because that's a terroristic action.

neggy

Quote from: akmisrmaadi on May 12, 2009, 11:48 PM NHFT

it wasn't a threat ;)

You may not have intended it as a threat, but if the reader interprets it as a threat, or feels it is threatining in any way shape or form , then it is a threat.

Kind of like assault, it isn't what you do, it is what they perceive.

akmisrmaadi

i interpreted your post as a threat. i am now calling the FBI.

you have to be a troll.

KBCraig

Quote from: neggy on May 13, 2009, 05:38 PM NHFT
Kind of like assault, it isn't what you do, it is what they perceive.

Definition = fail.