• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A market in employee discounts

Started by PowerPenguin, September 01, 2009, 09:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerPenguin

Here's something obvious that I just thought of. I should have thought of it a long time ago, but I haven't seen anyone post anything about this recently...

What we need in this economy is a market in employee discounts. I work for a large telco myself which has a number of good agreements with various vendors/service providers, and I'm sure others do as well. why not trade them with others? It would have to be done in a greymarket way to avoid getting bitched at by various entities, but it would probably work pretty well. It could easily be done online in a way that helps protect user privacy.

What does everyone think?

One could either directly "barter" one discounted product/service for another, or make a profit by purchasing and then reselling to the end user at some markup. An easy example is I get product X for 10% off, I purchase it for you for 50% of that 10% margin, Ie, you the recipient get it for 5% off and I make 5%.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

I figured you were offering up discount shoes!

PowerPenguin

No, but I do have hook-ups for HP products, some rental car companies, and a few other things. What about you?