• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Very inexpensive liquor from the NH liquor stores

Started by Fluff and Stuff, May 13, 2009, 02:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluff and Stuff

I was in the NH State Liquor Store located in Swanzey, NH today.  Flavored Pinnacle vodka was on sale.  It was $16 for a big bottle (1.75L) of flavored vodka (3 different flavors) with a $10 mail in rebate for a total of $6 (normally $18-$21).  Regular Pinnacle vodka was around $20 with a $10 mail in rebate for a total around $10 (normally around $20).  Pinnacle is known as a better than average brand imported from France.

Also, a Polish vodka was $18 with a $10 mail in rebate for a total of $8.

The vodka was so inexpensive because it was new to the market, or at least this market.  I don't know if these specials are happening at all NH State Liquor Stores.

AntonLee

I always used to like Poland Springs vodka.  Cheap ass but did the job.

Polish vodka is stupid.  Haha get it.  Shut up I'm allowed.

Puke

Coconut

Is it wrong that I think I'd feel dirty buying from the State Liquor store? Like I'm somehow supporting the ridiculous notion that they should even be running retail stores, much less : "Hey, here's a very dangerous drug we really don't want you using... but... BUY IT HERE! BUY IT HERE!"

Ryan McGuire

Quote from: Coconut on May 13, 2009, 08:05 PM NHFT
Is it wrong that I think I'd feel dirty buying from the State Liquor store?

Do you know of somewhere else to get it in NH? Sounds like a great agorist/CD opportunity.

AntonLee

you could hit up a Kappy's in MA if you really wanted to.

PowerPenguin

Crown Russe is very good. Its like five bux for a 375. Had it in socal don't know if they have it out here.

Brandon

Quote from: Ryan McGuire on May 14, 2009, 02:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on May 13, 2009, 08:05 PM NHFT
Is it wrong that I think I'd feel dirty buying from the State Liquor store?

Do you know of somewhere else to get it in NH? Sounds like a great agorist/CD opportunity.

I buy my booze here: http://www.drinkupny.com/.

Fluff and Stuff

I got the check in the mail a couple weeks ago.

Also, I entered a contest and won, even though the contest lasts until August.  I'm not sure how it all works, but you might want to enter the contest.

Here is the contest I entered, http://www.nh.gov/liquor/promotionsknockitout.shtml  I won a $75 gift card. 

Puke

Is the state gov't enabling your addiction?

Giggan

Quote from: zaphar on May 29, 2009, 06:33 PM NHFT
Stay away from the stuff in the plastic bottles and you'll usually be OK.

That's all I ever get. Less than 10frns a half gallon!

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Puke on July 10, 2009, 05:28 AM NHFT
Is the state gov't enabling your addiction?

I don't have any addiction and the state government didn't give me any money.

dalebert

If you're drinking it straight, quality matters. If you're making mixed drinks, it's awfully hard to tell whether it's cheap vodka or not. Blind taste tests with mixed drinks have tricked some of the most hardcore vodka snobs out there.

Fluff and Stuff

This is one of the best deals I've ever seen on liquor (besides free).

The state stores are having father's day specials on a lot of different drinks.  Flavored Bacardi rum is $3 off per 750ml bottle so it is only $11.49.  Bacardi has a mail in rebate that if you get 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 bottles of liquor (Bacardi, Grey Goose, Dewar's, House of Bombay, Cazadores) 750ml or larger, you get a certain amount of money back.  If you buy 6 bottles, you get $60 back.  So 4.5L of rum which normally sells for $89.94 is on sale for $8.49 plus the cost of a stamp.  If for some reason the rebate doesn't work for you, it ain't my fault.  If you are near a liquor store in the next few days, I recommend going in and at least checking it out.

MaineShark

Quote from: Fluff and Stuff on June 19, 2010, 06:58 PM NHFTThis is one of the best deals I've ever seen on liquor (besides free).

The state stores are having father's day specials on a lot of different drinks.  Flavored Bacardi rum is $3 off per 750ml bottle so it is only $11.49.  Bacardi has a mail in rebate that if you get 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 bottles of liquor (Bacardi, Grey Goose, Dewar's, House of Bombay, Cazadores) 750ml or larger, you get a certain amount of money back.  If you buy 6 bottles, you get $60 back.  So 4.5L of rum which normally sells for $89.94 is on sale for $8.49 plus the cost of a stamp.  If for some reason the rebate doesn't work for you, it ain't my fault.  If you are near a liquor store in the next few days, I recommend going in and at least checking it out.

Doesn't that mean you'd have to end up drinking Bacardi, though?

Joe