• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

July 4, Secession Day

Started by kalmia, June 17, 2009, 10:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

kalmia

Who would be interested in using July 4th to promote secession?  I don't know how people would be interested in doing it, but try including telling people "Happy Secession Day." Post any sign ideas or other ways to begin promoting July 4th as Secession Day.

Fluff and Stuff

Interesting idea, but the word is real hard to say for many people.  Maybe if someone cannot say the word correctly they should just say, happy independence day?

EthanLeeVita

Odd since secession has less syllables than independence. Revolution has the same amount as independence.

Unless you meant a mental block?

dalebert

How about just extending the proper name of the day to "Individual Independence Day"? Then using it as a talking piece to talk about individual secession.

MTPorcupine3

Quote from: EthanLeeVita on June 18, 2009, 12:22 AM NHFT
Odd since secession has less syllables than independence. Revolution has the same amount as independence.

Unless you meant a mental block?

I think what he meant is that many people say or write succession instead of secession. Kind of like Bush saying nucular instead of nuclear, or people saying 'for all intensive purposes' instead of intents and purposes. Am I right or just being humourous?

Russell Kanning

happy independence day ... maybe we should secede again this year

we can celebrate it at burning porcupine this year

dalebert

These have been in the store a while but thought I'd remind folks. Click to see items with these designs.  8)

FTL_Ian

I like the idea, but every day is secession day.   :icon_pirat:

kalmia

I agree, but it is an opportunity to promote the idea in a favorable way, as it is originally a day to celebrate a successful secession.  People opposed to it wail compare it to the South in the 1860s.