• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Watch that Karma plummet...

Started by AnarchoJesse, May 21, 2009, 05:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

K. Darien Freeheart

Perhaps because you come across as confrontational and people would rather not be associated with that.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on May 22, 2009, 06:14 AM NHFT
See, this is exactly what I'm getting at-- people are pinging, which means they have a problem with me. And yet... they never actually bring it up with me. That is some pretty fucking passive aggressive bullshit, and juvenile at that. Moreover, where is the sense in it? How can I better myself as a person if you don't approach me and talk to me?

If you think there may be a problem and want it solved, feel free to PM someone about it.  Even if you don't think you were in the wrong.  It may have been a misunderstanding or they may have just been joking.

PMing about issues has helped me :)

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 22, 2009, 11:08 AM NHFT
keith and stuph used to be a crazy and slightly annoying kid .... now he is a thoughtful and generous individual compared to Jesse.
There is hope for you though.
I have to smite you for calling my wife a tyrant.

Whatever, man. Some of you seem to have this idea that private tyranny is somehow more palatable than public tyranny, but the reality of it is that it morally no different.

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: sandm000 on May 22, 2009, 08:19 AM NHFT
I'm going to talk very quietly, and use small words, so that I don't lose any of my precious Karma. I've worked a long time to get all of it, and had to create multiple accounts so I could applaud myself all day.

PS the people who ping you are call down-voters.

You seem to be missing the point-- if someone down votes, it is because they have a problem with you. Oddly enough though, whenever I'm down-voted, I never have someone PM me saying "This is why I..."

You do see where I'm coming from? It's essentially tyrannical, passive-aggressive, grade school bullshit if someone maligns you, but doesn't say why they are.

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: Kevin Dean on May 22, 2009, 02:08 PM NHFT
Perhaps because you come across as confrontational and people would rather not be associated with that.

I don't think you're picking up what I'm putting down-- how can pinging me make it clear they would not like to be associated with me? It doesn't. It's secret, and does nothing to explain their problem with you.

At best, all I can do is guess. Which is a waste of time.

dalebert

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on May 22, 2009, 04:30 PM NHFT

I did not ping you, but I PMed you. Hopefully I can be of some assistance in helping you understand why people are pinging you though.

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteIt's secret, and does nothing to explain their problem with you.

I agree, but I think it would be MUCH more productive to talk with people who seem to be shunning you that to come onto a forum you once proclaimed you'd boycott and worry about the karma system which you seem to admit is a childish thing.

People can ding my karma, it's just a number. But if I'm alienating allies and friends I'd start evaluating things, and karma would be very low on that list of things to fret over.

And my point still stands. "You come across as confrontational and you seem to invite conflict." If I used the karma system to smite, that would be why I did for you.

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: dalebert on May 22, 2009, 04:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: AnarchoJesse on May 22, 2009, 04:30 PM NHFT

I did not ping you, but I PMed you. Hopefully I can be of some assistance in helping you understand why people are pinging you though.

I read through your (thankfully) private message, but it didn't really seem to actually acknowledge that when I "flip out", I am only responding in kind to a slight against me.

If people don't like the way I treat them, don't treat me that way, or condone the way people treat me. I've been nothing short of respectful and courteous to ALL of you until recently when I came under some horseshit criticism. Jesus fuck, I even told Don Gorman to get bent when I heard him and Seth Cohn talking shit about Kat and Russell.

I respect what they've done, but I am by no means obligated to tolerate their and their supporters bullshit.

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: Kevin Dean on May 22, 2009, 04:35 PM NHFT
QuoteIt's secret, and does nothing to explain their problem with you.

I agree, but I think it would be MUCH more productive to talk with people who seem to be shunning you that to come onto a forum you once proclaimed you'd boycott and worry about the karma system which you seem to admit is a childish thing.

Jesus fucking christ, the karma isn't the problem-- it is what the karma represents; that is, your standing in the community.

QuotePeople can ding my karma, it's just a number. But if I'm alienating allies and friends I'd start evaluating things, and karma would be very low on that list of things to fret over.

I'm pretty sure Kat Kanning started alienating people a loooooooooong time ago.

QuoteAnd my point still stands. "You come across as confrontational and you seem to invite conflict." If I used the karma system to smite, that would be why I did for you.

What is wrong with being confrontational? If something is awry or unjust, I aim to point it out. Call it a flaw, but I would seriously question anyone's character if they didn't at least have the nerve to point out what they feel is wrong.

AnarchoJesse

Aaaaand...

Down

It

Goes

Good to see that nothing has actually changed-- which is to say, no one is talking to me about their problems with me. Barring Dale, of course.

Keyser Soce

Quote from: shyfrog on May 22, 2009, 08:10 AM NHFT
I've been pinged down at least -20 for responding in the horse thread.

That's really the only place I've posted lately...except for the litter pickup announcement.

Hmm, maybe someone hates clean highways?

:icon_pirat:

Yup, the horsies got me from 65 down to, well, wherever it's at.

miamiballoonguy

What's the big deal about karma anyhow?  I mean, really?  In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter?

EthanLeeVita

I think Jesse's original message was unclear and might have caused some misunderstanding. I discussed it with him earlier and I believe his intent was that he wanted to gain self-improvement through knowledge of what was disliked about him. As such, I've decided to share why I add or remove karma through personal messages. I've also added a section to my signature to ask that people do the same to me. Jesse, and others, I would suggest you join me in this.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on May 22, 2009, 03:59 PM NHFT
Whatever, man. Some of you seem to have this idea that private tyranny is somehow more palatable than public tyranny, but the reality of it is that it morally no different.
what tyranny are you experiencing?
if you stand up to the government thugs ... you might be hurt or killed ... or have money extracted from you under the threat of imprisonment or worse
if you get on the wrong side of Kat and her friends ... you get publicly questioned and loose standing in the eyes of many in the community ... that seems like the appropriate nonviolent consequences to your actions ... not tyranny
she would even publish a letter to the editor from you ... it would let everyone know what you are thinking ... which might be good for all of our causes :)

Pat K

Quote from: shyfrog on May 22, 2009, 08:10 AM NHFT
I've been pinged down at least -20 for responding in the horse thread.

That's really the only place I've posted lately...except for the litter pickup announcement.

Hmm, maybe someone hates clean highways?

:icon_pirat:

Fracking clean highway freak!!