• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lets make 'I will record!' happen before Sam D gets out of jail

Started by thinkliberty, May 21, 2009, 08:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

thinkliberty

Here is a rough sample of the guitar, I don't know how I would arrange the vocals so the guitar is just a rough sample. (I used an archtop setting on my digitech RP500 to record this... I can rock it up or tone it down... I was my first take so be forgiving) I can add bass, but need vocals and drums (I can get the drums done, but I probably not this weekend, hopefully someone reading this can... (maybe I can use MS songsmith (barf) for just the drums???))

Anyone that can half way sing and please sing it, even if it's not perfect.

Sam A Robin: If you want to bob dylan the lyrics and send me an mp3 I will re-sing them, unless you want to be the voice on the lyrics.  (I also might be able to get and old sony studio musician to really belt it out, but I need a sample of tempo of how the song is sang using the 'I will record' lyrics, before I feel comfortable asking him.)

It's a 3 day weekend lets make it happen :) (even if it's not perfect)

Lyrics:
see: http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=17635.msg292179#msg292179

TackleTheWorld

thinkliberty

the mp3 is too large to attach, 1000k is not a lot of space ( and I don't have a fancy mp3 encoder to make it a small size, it's a non free format so I don't normally use it. There are patents that regulate it's use and such) :(

Most music players that do mp3 will play ogg files:
http://www.fsf.org/resources/formats/playogg

You can use the above link to get a free ogg player.  (it's open source -- patent free)

thinkliberty

I figure out how to make the 1000k mp3, I did not listen to it, so there may be encoding glitches... let me know if there is and I can re do it.

TackleTheWorld

That is wonderful. 
We may be able to use that for all the songs. 
Sorry, if you are looking for harsh critics you will have to go to a musician forum. :)

Russell Kanning

good so far

ogg away ... we can get the rest up to speed :)

John C might be able to help with singing ... but he might only do live stuph

Sam A. Robrin

thinkliberty

I am having a hard time putting your lyrics on the song. I have some kind of mental block with it, I just can't seem to make it work. (I have most of the song, but there are parts that trip me up, If I could only hear someone sing the song using your lyrics I could get it...)

TackleTheWorld

Yes, we are but unsophisticated singers and cannot get it right without an example.

thinkliberty

If you don't have a microphone to record it and get it in your computer, maybe you could call porc-411 and sing it?

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: thinkliberty on May 23, 2009, 01:40 AM NHFT
If you don't have a microphone to record it and get it in your computer, maybe you could call porc-411 and sing it?

I"d have to put that on HAM-411 . . .

Are you going to be at FreeKeeneFest (or whatever it's called) today?  I'll be the hippie-looking guy in the Hawaiian shirt, with the weathered backpack, out of which he's continually withdrawing papers, saying, "Have you seen my songs?  I just happen to have . . ."

If you won't be there, I can sing it for you over the telephone.  PM me your number, or request mine.  It does go with the music (if not always directly corresponding to the original lyrics), but the singer may need to mark certain passages with reminders to take a breath.

Now about those other twenty-nine songs--I just happen to have . . .

thinkliberty

I can't go out in public, (I recently had a bone marrow transplant.) I wish I could go to the keenefreefest or some of the court happenings, I am going to have to miss porcfest again this year too :(

I will pm you my google voice # and you can just sing me a message with the song so I can replay it if I need to hear it again.... :) 

Now about those other twenty-nine songs--I just happen to have . . .

I have lots of free time, so am sure I will do more... :)

If anyone plays drums (or the spoons) or bass or any other instrument (even the tuba or trombone, we could do something ska-ish!) and wants play or sing the song and can digitally record your instrument please send me a PM. (You don't have to be a pro or even very good)

If anyone is interested maybe we could start a online music collaboration, that way even if you don't live in NH you can get involved before you move out here.

Has anyone ever used one of the sites in the link below for music collaboration? 
http://www.wired.com/entertainment/music/commentary/listeningpost/2007/04/listeningpost_0430

thinkliberty

I did a quick one take of your kangaroo court song using just using the mic on my laptop, the dynamic range sucks and it clips a little... If anyone reading this wants to sing these or play drums or bass (it does not matter if you are good, it just matters that you want to try.) and can digitally record it. If you want to use a computer to do the drums and bass techno style using samples that will work too!

I am looking for an ok usb mic for vocal recording, if anyone has any recommendations if they have an extra one laying around they want to sell. (I have a multi-pedal I can use to record guitar, but I did not use it for this clip)

thinkliberty

I added some drums to 'I will record.' and redid the guitar. (last time I ran my guitar through an octaver and I think it sounded muddy, after listening to it more...)

I deleted some of the song and dropped the encoding to 64kbps in this version so I could attach it here without going over the file size limit.

The drums come from a tutorial in hydrogen (an open source midi software)

If anyone wants to sing the lyrics I can send you the drum track you can record your voice with that and then I can play guitar with your voice to make it sound right. (I can't figure how to arrange the lyrics in certain spots.)

I would be cool if a bass player wanted to laydown something like the band Cake's cover of 'I will survive.'

NH Native

I can probably put down a bass track a little later.  What's the chord progression?