• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kira's Graduation/Birthday Party

Started by Kat Kanning, May 25, 2009, 03:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Quote from: Friday on June 04, 2009, 10:31 PM NHFT
I despise volleyball. I had the ultimate stereotypical high school gym teacher, a >6 ft barrel-chested amazon woman, unmarried, who lived with her mother, who was really, really into sports.   :drevil: She expected us to dive for the ball, even if it meant landing chest-first on the CEMENT floor of our pseudo-gym.  We also had to "call the ball" or suffer the consequences; 20 years later, I STILL compulsively do this when calls come in at work, probably annoying the shit out of my coworkers.  I think I need volleyball therapy.   :'(

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 05, 2009, 05:16 AM NHFT
.... we are all here for you ... well except patk
:laughing1:

the grass is soft ... and hopefully you can just stay on your feet .... or you can sit in a lounge chair and call out the ball for  the rest of us.
Lounge chair sounds good. Lounge chair set far away from the large hard spherical object soaring through the air at people's heads.

at work do you call "I got it" ... and after the play huddle up and hold hands ... also how do the knee pads fit over your pants?
Russell, this is the 21st century... calling the ball is now done via email!  Knee pads aren't required, but ergonomic mousepads and RSD wrist wraps are de rigueur.

Pat K

Found new and better pic to post above. ;D

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Friday

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 06, 2009, 03:01 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on June 06, 2009, 12:13 AM NHFT
Found new and better pic to post above. ;D

Heh, we love that movie.  :D
I don't recognize that photo; what movie are you talking about?

Pat K

Russell Kanning

that woman was not invited ... she just wandered out of the woods

Friday

How long is this party expected to run?  My !@#$ project manager just scheduled a conference call for noon.   >:( 

Russell Kanning

Friday

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

anyone that is late ... has to be team captain of the volleyball ;)

Kat Kanning

Friday, the designated digger  :D

We're making spaghetti, homemade bread, salad, raw strawberry/rhubarb cheesecake, raw vegan "cheese" + raw onion bread...just FYI so we don't double up on raw strawberry/rhubarb cheesecake or anything  ;D ;)

Tom Sawyer

Happy Birthday and Happy Graduation Kira... :occasion18:
 :wav:

Becky and the Prez are out of the Shire, so we won't be able to come have fun with ya'll.

Makes me think of when I turned 18, which also happened to be Thanksgiving. My first duty station, buzzed hair, green clothes.  The chow hall was so crowded with dependants, scoring cheap turkey dinners, I ended up eating a crappy pizza at the base bowling alley. Weird, it seems like yesterday and a lifetime ago at the same time.

Welcome to the adult world... enjoy the ride. :)