• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Boston Globe article on Sam, Keene and FSP

Started by rancemuhamitz, May 29, 2009, 01:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

Fluff and Stuff

You posted this first so I'll reply in your thread :)

The appeal of 'Live free or die'
By Sarah Schweitzer
Globe Staff / May 29, 2009

(as you suggested) 1. Please digg it so that it spreads on digg.
http://digg.com/politics/Antigovernment_activists_putting_down_roots_in_N_H

2. Please use the email article feature so that it appears on the Boston Globe's top emailed articles list.

3. Please write positive comments about the NH freedom movement in the comments section of the article.

4. If these is anything you think really needs to be correct or have something important to add, write a letter to the editor.
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/letters/

Thanks!

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

I thought it was a good article.  I laughed at the part that said you'd gathered once in downtown keene wearing guns.  Doesn't that happen by accident almost daily?

This line, "declare zealous dedication to the Free State Project" was just absurd.  ::)

Jacobus

Quotedeclare zealous dedication to the Free State Project

Yeah, is there an FSP pledge of allegience or something?

I liked the article too.  I think it could potentially inspire like-minded folks. 

Free libertarian

I thought the article was okay but that people could get the wrong idea from the article and dismiss liberty activists as "bizarre" or "provocative",  rather than freedom loving, thoughtful and morally correct...which of course we all are.     ;D     

Kat Kanning

Are bizarre and provocative so wrong?  I thought this tended to belie the 'weirdness' image "Many are single men; the majority are computer programmers. They tend to speak in precise diction and with overarching politeness."

Lloyd Danforth

41mag

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Free libertarian on May 29, 2009, 06:46 AM NHFT
people could get the wrong idea from the article and dismiss liberty activists as "bizarre" or "provocative",  rather than freedom loving, thoughtful and morally correct.

The whole movement toward liberty has, for the thirty-three years I've been involved with it, only held itself back with its "Try to please all, and you please no one" approach.  People give themselves the wrong idea, either because they fear the responsibility that comes with liberty, or because they rightly see it as threatening the power that they (usually subconsciously) want to exercise over others.  They'll seize upon any available excuse to dismiss liberty activists (just look at the prevalence of insult and hysterical prognostications in the negative comments below the article); there's no winning over such people, and it's a waste of time to try.  Focus efforts on informing the right people, though, and the numbers alone will eventually convince the naysayers to quit blocking the road and make way for tomorrow.  

Fluff and Stuff

Good news folks.  The 10 comments about the article with the most recommendations are all positive comments!  Please continue to recommend positive comments.

Additionally, it is currently the most emailed article by the Boston Globe.

Keep up the good work!

Kat Kanning

Jacobus

There was a Boston Globe on a common area table at my workplace, and this article was front and center on the front page of the B section.  It will be well read.

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 29, 2009, 07:04 AM NHFT
"They tend to speak in precise diction and with overarching politeness."

She could have actually used some of our quotes, responses to questions that SHE asked us. There were some excellent ones. It would have been so much more accurate and informative than this broad extrapolation of hers. Oh well. I was expecting a brutal hit piece and this was not nearly so awful as I had been prepared for.