• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Self help tools to build dentures

Started by Humorrhoid, May 29, 2009, 10:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Humorrhoid

I have designed a manual that illustrates on how to fabricate your own denture, then I went to the SCORE becoz I want to know how can I publish it & copyright & shit, the SCORE people told me it has to be patented & I cannot afford a patent lawyer. I also wanted to build a software about it, but the people from the SCORE said I need a lot of legal advice becoz it is one of a kind. Two months later, the prototype got stolen so I am back to zero again. Anyways it's in my head, I can design it again.

This is so easy actually that I compare it to some things we have to do through the internet is nothing.

With the internet everything under the sun is possible. If someone can lend me a hand to videotaped it while I am demonstrating that should be a good start for us.

Humorrhoid

What is really neat to do is
have our own community dental clinic. Which will also
include a lab which has a PC that is programmed to do your own or explore how to do it on your own if you choose so.

The only thing that cannot be done as far
as my knowledge on dentistry,is a
surgery on your own. Well not really coz
I know I can pull my own teeth.
Implants maybe. Not really. Wait until
I get creative again & I will design a screw
driver to drill it on my own mouth.

Teeth grow back ,even outside the
mouth. The main focus of my research. This is proven.
Don't let the dental industry fool you. Charge so much
with the goddamn root canal when you can take it out & put it back.

Humorrhoid

Eversince I posted this thread I received a lot of requests for more information from so many people from different States desperate for help.

In response I would like to record a visual presentation to guide people on step by step procedures on how to do this properly easy & economically. Is there anyone here who have a videocam & wants to volunteer to come to my house & while I do the work someone can do the recording for half a day? This is going to help a lot of people who are in dire straits that will benefit from this project. I am offering my services all free of charge.

There's a lot of people who needed these desperately as we all know dental care is a crisis in this country. 

I lived in Nashua, anyday of the week is fine with me. Please email me directly.

Humorrhoid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: lakambini19@yahoo.com
Sent: Mon, January 24, 2011 6:29:24 AM
Subject: making own dentures

Hi Dorrie,

I found your NHUnderground posts and am interested in making my own.  I tend to break my dentures by flipping them around and biting them.  My tongue just attacks foreign objects, especially when I am nervous. I have been a bit successful with purchasing off internet sets of teeth that I have attached with the DOC Dent.  I put the broken plate in mouth where it should be, put the matter onto the plate and gums, then before it gets too hard I push the teeth into where they should be.  Most times the teeth fall out when I remove the plate to place in cup of water to harden.  The indents are there though, I use crazy glue place the teeth back onto the plate.  After a bit I mix up more DOC Dent and try to push it around and behind, above and below the plate and the teeth.  I set them in water again, and they are usually good to go until I break them again.  If only I could make the plate from scratch...I could set the teeth with a more professional out come? 

>>>>>>>>>Whatever this DOC material you are using for the plate, I gather an idea that this is what is called a self curing resin. Does it come in liquid + powder from? There are two kinds of  acrylic resin. One is called a self curing where the initiative of the resin  to harden is initiated by additional chemical mixed in the resin in itself (liquid) & the other one is called the heat curing resin, where in order for it to harden or solidify is via exposing it to a heat / dry or wet hot temperature. If the plate is made of  self curing resin & the teeth is heat cured which most of preformed teeth in the market are, the chances of bonding them together is difficult.

Two options:

1. You can use a self curing resin but do not put it in a water right away. Wait for about 2 hrs until the resin is completely set  or hardened.

2. You can order a heat curing resin online usually about 20 dollars, make sure you get the transparent one, as you can use them both to replace a plate or a tooth or a series of teeth. It's more handy to have a clear or transparent resin rather than the pink. You can use it both for repairing dentures in the future. Using a heat cure is different. It will not harden on its own, so you have plenty of time to set the teeth or adjust the denture to its comfort zone. The trick is in mixing the powder & the liquid, it will come with instructions btw, is to make it like a cookie dough, not too slimy, which means you have to use more powder than liquid. Add liquid by drops until you get the desired consistency which is mouldable. Spread it on the mould or the plate evenly. Trim the edges with a cutter or a scissors & wrapped with a foil. Heat a pot of water open without a lid to only a little higher than warm but not boiling. Place them in it for two hours. And back to room temperature for another two hours & polish.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>My teeth are just rotting out of my mouth.  On this plate I have four teeth on the upper front, one side has four real teeth still in my skull, the other side has three left, then there is one more at the end on my plate.  That one I don't seem to break.  The plate I have now is a bendable one.  It was not suppose to be able to break.  The DOC Dent is not pliable.  This is where the two break apart from each other constantly.  It can definitely happen.

I also order new teeth every now and then since after replacing them onto the plate wears them from the breaks, they get smaller and smaller each time.   Ha ha, how vain we are as a people to put up with this!!!  I should really say how vain I am about my teeth to put up with this. 

My reasons for doing this...I am poor.  I want to pull my own teeth as well!  The ones that are left on top hurt so much and there are cavity holes so large on the side and already have fillings on the bottoms!  None of my dental work I paid for has ever lasted.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dental care use to be a problem of the poor but not anymore. You may want to keep them as long as possible even they hurt. I consider one tooth as one independent organ of my body. What you can do for the pain is asked your pharmacy to order a clove oil ( about 5 dollars for a little tiny bottle of probably a quarter an ounce. Clean  the hole with a cotton pelette damped with hydrogen peroxide, even you cannot see it you can feel it. And dry. To control the seepage of saliva inside, put gauze or cotton balls under your tongue. Put a drop of clove oil in a clean plate & dampen the tiny little cotton pelettes in them. Stick it inside the hole one by one using a cotton plier or a twisted tweezer in order to reach the whole, by making them stacked up layer by layer. If the tooth is bleeding which you will know by examining the cotton with blood while cleaning. The more you need to packed it to stop from bleeding. It is the same as any part of the body that bleeds it stops when pressure is applied. If it is painful, you will get relieved  soon as the clove oil touches the open dentin / pulp cavity where the nerve of the tooth resides. It is believed that clove oil has not only have  a painkiller effect but also regenerative properties.Clove oil stimulates the dentin to heal & rebuild. And one thing that I just found out that toothbrushes are primarily flawed in maintenance of a healthy teeth. What I uses now as my toothbrush is a metal brush that I bought from Home Depot for 5 bucks or any hardware store that sells metal brush ,little ones. I dipped it in a cooking oil ( preferably olive oil) & my teeth are so much cleaner than using a plastic bristle toothbrush. I kept it in an oil to prevent the brush from rust. I don't have to brush everyday especially with the oil.

>>>>>>>>>If you could indulge me, let me know the exact names of the materials to purchase and where..., the trays, the mold materials everything...I will attempt to do it myself...again.   I am in New Jersey, I cannot stop by your shop or I would hold the camera for you!!!

IF you need to make a mould, you also need to buy an impression material called an alginate. And a set of upper & lower impression trays. A plastic preformed trays are sufficient to reuse for a life time. If you need to adjust its width or length , just add a wax to lengthen them .You will also need a cast stone or dental stone.There are ways posted on Youtube on how to take your own impression by yourself. It is worth it to learn the knowledge. You will be using it the rest of your life.

I don't sell anything ,all I have in my house is a lab to repair dentures for friends & my research. I get my supplies from Henry Schein which is close to me geographically. I'm sure there are so many dental suppliers on the internet whichever is the cheapest or closest to you. They are all the same.

I can understand all the frustrations. I heard about it all the time, not only from poor people but the majority of people including me.

Any question you may have don't hesitate to call me> 413 -835-6754. I gave advices for free.

Cecilia

Frustrated, Dorrie

littlehawk

After paying cash for two partial plates and some 2500 dollars later  I am very interested in what you have to offer. Maybe try contacting Dave "dada Ridleo" Ridley from here.