• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

10% of Texans have arrest warrents on their head

Started by thinkliberty, May 30, 2009, 05:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

thinkliberty

http://shapleigh.org/news/1357-from-the-senator-s-desk

"A couple of weeks ago, the local paper printed names of El Pasoans with outstanding arrest warrants. 78,000 El Pasoans made the paper! When we compared Austin, same story: 11% of Austin has outstanding arrest warrants. How did that happen? Here are the facts."

KBCraig

And that was in 2007. It's gotten worse with the expansion of the "Driver Responsibility Program" (administrative "fees" are assessed that are typically 2-4 times the amount of the fine; if you don't pay, your license is suspended).

Russell Kanning

wow that is a lot of people
i wonder what percentage are in jail in texas

Lloyd Danforth

When I saw that you posted, I thought you were going to claim you were one of the 10%

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Pat McCotter

And now it (may) get worse.

Traffic Camera Lobbyists Score Big Win in Texas Legislature
Bonanza for traffic camera companies as Texas legislature expands use of automated ticketing machines.

Update: Passage of the bill is uncertain after the House refused to take up the bill by a legislative deadline. A special session is a possibility.

But at least they dropped the automated license plate surveillance program.