• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sword 'open carry?'

Started by doobie, May 31, 2009, 08:10 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie

So after reading this... http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20081101-NEWS-811010327... I've been pondering doing an Open Carry event where I OC my pistol(s) and a sword.  Any suggestions?

MattLeft

Beware the other immortals...for there can be only one!

Queen begins rockin'  "HERE WE ARE, BORN TO BE KINGS..."

KBCraig

Regular swords (meaning not a cane sword) aren't mentioned in the RSAs, except that you can't sell martial arts weapons to anyone under 18. Swords fall under the definition of "deadly weapon". Other than what is specifically named in RSA 159, there is no general prohibition on carrying a "deadly weapon" except while committing a felony or violent crime.

Jim Johnson

Few things says 'Nut Job' better than a sword... unless you look good in a Kimono... and socks with sandals.

Tom Sawyer

;D ;D ;D
Johnson's on a roll... wait a minute that sounds like something served at Dale's Sausage Fest.

Becky Thatcher

doobie

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on May 31, 2009, 06:49 PM NHFT
Few things says 'Nut Job' better than a sword... unless you look good in a Kimono... and socks with sandals.

I was thinking of wearing a kilt since it is a claymore :)

anthonybpugh

Play the bagpipes while you're at it.  That would be awesome. 

Pat K

Beware, that yee not call forth the sausage fest fairy!

Beware his wrath=  

doobie

Quote from: anthonybpugh on May 31, 2009, 09:16 PM NHFT
Play the bagpipes while you're at it.  That would be awesome. 

Unfortunately I have no musical talent and can't play the pipes... I might be able to get the drones going...somewhat in tune if someone tuned them for me :)

Pat K

I like this instead of the Claymore.
But folks should carry what they want. ;D

rmodel65

i have a confederate civil war sword, i should get a uniform and OC it here in GA  ;D

hmm seem like he might have 2nd, as well as religious grounds to protest his arrest upon

Luke 22:35-38 (King James Version)

35And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

38And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: rmodel65 on June 19, 2009, 12:32 AM NHFT
i have a confederate civil war sword, i should get a uniform and OC it here in GA  ;D

hmm seem like he might have 2nd, as well as religious grounds to protest his arrest upon

Luke 22:35-38 (King James Version)

35And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

38And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

It looks like you have religious grounds to run around naked with a sword... the rest of it didn't make any sense.

Puke

Maybe one should start with a large knife and work your way up.

But I would agree that carrying a gun and a sword is getting a bit silly.
This isn't Somalia.

sandm000

Quote from: Puke on June 19, 2009, 05:27 AM NHFT
Maybe one should start with a large knife and work your way up.

Yeah, A big knife like a Bowie.
And then switch to a Gladius.
What? Some Bowie knives are longer than Gladii? Specifically the Arkansas Toothpick style Bowie being longer than the Pompei Gladius. So it would be funny if you worked your way up the knife sizes and then took a step back to start at the smallest sword and work your way up again.

I'd do it if I had a sword I liked. As it stands I have a couple of biggish knives I could be persuaded to carry.