• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I need an inexpensive bagging lawn mower

Started by Russell Kanning, June 02, 2009, 08:08 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I need to buy a cheap lawn mower that can bag the trimmings.
If you have one that runs .... great
if it doesn't but it is worthy of repair ... almost as good

i need to be able to cut the long grass in the picnic area at the farm and use the trimmings for the compost piles

Russell Kanning

nothing ... really ... even one that isn't running? hmmm

leetninja

i have a self propelled one that you can have.  it will need some fresh gas and maybe an oil change but nothing major.  its a cub cadet.  i just got a new one so its all yours.

Mike Barskey

I have an almost-new-condition electric lawnmower with a grass-bag that you can use. Your yard is huge, though, so having to use an extension cable may not be do-able, and the bag on this mower may be too small for you.

I don't remember the model or size (it's in storage at the moment), but it's kind of like this.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Mike Barskey on June 08, 2009, 04:49 PM NHFT
I have an almost-new-condition electric lawnmower with a grass-bag that you can use.

Wow.  Thanks for the education.  I didn't know electric mowers were even around.

KBCraig

Cord-fed electrics have been around since the 1960s. Efficient/effectively cordless mowers are fairly recent developments.

My mother has an acre, and a rider to mow most of it, but bought a Neuton for mowing up close around the shrubs and garden. She can't handle starting a gas push mower, but she loves her Neuton.

Pat K

You still have to figure out the bagging part yourself.

Lloyd Danforth

My neighbors in CT had the same Scott Electric mower for about 10 years.  They had the same corner lot we had across the street.  They became experts in cord repair ;D

Russell Kanning

I have an almost-new-condition electric lawnmower with a grass-bag that you can use. Your yard is huge, though, so having to use an extension cable may not be do-able, and the bag on this mower may be too small for you.

I don't remember the model or size (it's in storage at the moment), but it's kind of like this.
thanks mike ... i can pay you rent instead of you paying storage fees :)

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 09, 2009, 05:54 AM NHFT
thanks mike ... i can pay you rent instead of you paying storage fees :)
[/quote]

No need for rent. I'll bring it the next time I come up, which unfortunately won't be this weekend - hopefully June 20 or 21.

Russell Kanning

leetninja

Friday

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on June 08, 2009, 04:58 PM NHFT
I have an almost-new-condition electric lawnmower with a grass-bag that you can use.

Wow.  Thanks for the education.  I didn't know electric mowers were even around.
Hells yeah there are electric mowers.  My father had one, and it was (one of) my job to mow the lawn.  If he told me to do it over the weekend, and I procrastinated, there was no mercy... even if it was RAINING.  :whip2:  :_storm__by_clairebearer:  :Dragon_Ball_emoticon_by_Wereg

cathleeninnh

thinking maybe leetninja is on ignore

$0 sounds better than rent to me

Mike Barskey

Hey! I offered no rent! :) Yeah, Leetninja's gas mower would be more convenient than an electric one, especially at the same lack-of-price.