• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Wired covers Keene parking meters and Sam D

Started by thinkliberty, June 04, 2009, 01:01 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

thinkliberty

Puke

Wired blogs at least.
It has a wierd editor or someone commenting stupid shit throughout it though.

Sam A. Robrin

Somebody's doing a Mystery Science Theater 3000 routine with this article, but I don't understand the points he's making. 

FTL_Ian

I'll take the coverage, but what's the deal with that blog?

http://www.wired.com/blogs/

It's not listed on the wired blog list, and Bruce doesn't have a wired email address.

TackleTheWorld

He's making fun of the radical revolutionaries who cant do anything more violent than wear a hat in a courtroom.  He thinks non-violence is the futile squirmings of the powerless, like a worm under your boot.  But I think it's the gentleness of having the obvious advantage of logic and morality, like tossing the worm out of harms way.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on June 04, 2009, 05:34 AM NHFT
Somebody's doing a Mystery Science Theater 3000 routine with this article, but I don't understand the points he's making.  
Which points?  That we could be seen as geeks?  That breaking up with your fiance may incline you to sit in jail for a while?  That the courts reason for banning cameras in the lobby is weak?  I think he's kinda insightful in his derogatory way.

Except for the Joan of Arc parallel, that was just incomprehensable     
Um, could someone strap themself to this flaming pyre while I go get a drink of water?  I'll be right back.