• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ivy arrested 2009.06.04, approx. 19:45

Started by MTPorcupine3, June 04, 2009, 07:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Friday on June 05, 2009, 03:56 PM NHFTHeh.  You clearly misinterpret my "Wow".  Hey sandm000, have some more bacon, buddy!   :Bacon_by_danniep:

So other than to start drama and bitch about how someone behaved nearly two years ago, what exactly was your reason for posting in this thread again? ::)

Coconut

Quote from: Friday on June 05, 2009, 05:15 PM NHFT
I thought my reason was quite clear: to disagree with several previous posters stating they believe that Ivy's arrest is a government conspiracy related to Sam's arrest.

I too think there's no way the Keene government called over to Bristol to get Ivy arrested because Sam's trial is finally going through. That's just silly goose.

Recumbent ReCycler

Bill just left a message that the cops are at their restaurant with a warrant.  If anyone's not too far away, I'm sure he'd like some company.

Coconut

Per recent porc411:
Ivy's restaurant is being raided now?

KBCraig

Odd. I wonder what connection Ivy's computer could have to receiving welfare in RI.

Josh

They're most likely hoping to find digital records of vast amounts of income to bolster a tax evasion case.

BrownHairedGirl

QuoteOdd. I wonder what connection Ivy's computer could have to receiving welfare in RI.

Probably that they are looking for the (nonexistent?) books of her former landscaping (? or whatever other self employment?) business that she closed before the mess that caused her to leave RI. Somewhere there's a bureaucrat who just can't believe there really are no records and they will turn everyone else's lives upside down to get what they assume she must be lying about, even if it turns out there's really no income related to it thus it didn't need to be on a tax form which therefore didn't need to be filed... golly isn't it just so incredible that someone would decline to file if they are so low income as to be below the limit?

QuoteThey're most likely hoping to find digital records of vast amounts of income to bolster a tax evasion case.

Probably not so much tax evasion as that one of the charges was welfare fraud. But they probably do hope to  also sniff out some tax related stuff now that they have an excuse to snoop around based on this. Or someone may be ignoring the fact that the restaurant did not exist - and certainly is outside RI's jurisdiction even if it did -  during her welfare days thus its income is not relevant to that case.

This is also an example of why we all need to be sure and keep backups of some stuff (like Bill's lost phone number lists) separate from the computer itself to prevent losses like this. Bummer Bill couldn't have said it was HIS computer rather than hers thus it was not the one described in the warrant and they shouldn't have taken it...

Lloyd Danforth

Recumbent ReCycler

Is it customary for police to serve restraining orders or search warrants on Friday evenings?  I was served on a Friday evening.  I suspect that it's done to make it more difficult for people to reach their lawyers during an intrusion.

Russell Kanning

maybe cops don't have much to do on friday nights

Kat Kanning

stanford

I just talked to Bill. They have taken at least one computer and they had some hard-on over a printer. Don't know what the deal is. I guess they are pretending to do some kind of investigation over a crime that can be committed with a printer.

The only real crime that I can think of that can be committed with a printer is to whack someone over the head with it. Perhaps that happened in some parallel universe and they are confiscating it to examine the blood evidence.

NOT!

We all know how much the bureaucrats hate printers. Those things can create words on paper that question the words on paper that they say we must abide by or else. It already happened at least once to this government, and they don't want it to happen again: http://www.earlyamerica.com/earlyamerica/milestones/commonsense/

leetninja

well they mentioned fraud.  any printer made after 01 i believe has a micro print pattern.  basically like a serial number on every page you make with the printer.  so if you printed some fraudulent docs or some money or whatever they could match it to that printer.  easily.  thats how big brother rolls.

leetninja

another quick thought: donations for sam went to ivy ... maybe they are holding her responsible for those funds and taxes or something on them as well?  it sucks when a computer is taken which is why i would advise anyone on here to always have an emergency "kill switch" for your computer hardware.  you seldom realize how much data is on your machine and how easily it is accessed. 

just off the top of my head these are my rough times for breaking into machines:
power on password - 1 minute
login password regardless of how "secure" it is: 2 minutes
getting into a mac: 6 minutes
linux box: 4 minutes

long story short and point i am trying to convey:  once i have physical access to your machine i own you, your identity, passwords, and everything you ever did have done etc i know within a short amount of time.  unless you have a kill switch.  if you have that it is too much time and money for me to bother.  now think about it.

anthonybpugh

Perhaps they like to serve warrants after the judge and everyone went home on Friday and so that if they hold anyone they can hold them until Monday.