• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ivy arrested 2009.06.04, approx. 19:45

Started by MTPorcupine3, June 04, 2009, 07:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

stanford

Here's what I know this morning.

Bill D and J'raxis are up there with Bill now. Peter is in a safe place. They are awaiting arraignment.

Tow company wants $210 to get the truck out. They are giving them a break and only charging one day, where they could charge two (yesterday and today) even though the truck came in late last night. Thieves.

More info when I find out.

research101

Sure looks like it was setup that way. 
Quote from: NJLiberty on June 04, 2009, 09:45 PM NHFT
What a coincidence that the day Sam is finally given a trial date they arrest Ivy.  Surprise, surprise, surprise.

George

research101

Dave Ridley

video up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcBWLfVKuAM

worth watching but only if you haven't already listened to the calls.

stanford

Porc 411 from Jeremy reports that they will hold Ivy until the Rhode Island issues are resolved. They want to extradite and have 30 days to do so.

Other than that, there are a number of NH motor vehicle infractions that she would normally be released for.

David

Quote from: Atlas on June 04, 2009, 11:27 PM NHFT
So, allegedly Ivy ripped off the state... I could go either way on that one. Though, her help for Sam gets her off the hook in my book.

I would like to add, I will not go into details of old drama, as those involved seem to have moved on, but in the past Ivy was accused of having a great lack of integrity.  But mistakes, sometimes even intentional 'mistakes', offenses, and other things that are not consistent with the NAP, have been done by the best of us.  I hope, that unless it is "proven" or that there is at least compelling evidence that Ivy has done anything particularly egregious, that she not be crucified all over again. 
If she has done something egregious and hurtful to someone, then I hope she will make the situation whole to the best of her ability.  If she is has done nothing hurtful to another, I hope she has the full support of those here. 

Josh

If I'm not mistaken, Sam's trial is sooner than 30 days away. So if NH delays the extradition, Sam is on his own. This is obviously NOT a coincidence. Fuckers.

Friday

I'm really surprised so many people think this is (another) government conspiracy and that the reason Ivy was arrested yesterday has anything to do with Sam's case.  The wheels of bureaucracy move slowly; it probably took Rhode Island this long to get its head out of its administrative ass and communicate with the PTB in New Hampshire. 

If the NH authorities were feeling any heat about keeping Sam jailed this long, they'd simply let him out.  It's not like anyone is even pretending he did  anything dangerous or violent, or that he's a flight risk.

Lactivist

I totally agree with Friday.  This is not conspiracy.  This is not a shock.  We know she had issues with all of the welfare she received in RI.  Didn't we learn from Russell's arrest that bureaucracy takes forever and is never logical?

J’raxis 270145

NH-CLOG article updated with a rough draft of what happened today. Will rewrite later.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Friday on June 05, 2009, 02:15 PM NHFT
I'm really surprised so many people think this is (another) government conspiracy and that the reason Ivy was arrested yesterday has anything to do with Sam's case.  The wheels of bureaucracy move slowly; it probably took Rhode Island this long to get its head out of its administrative ass and communicate with the PTB in New Hampshire. 

I do think now that the conspiracy theory is overblown—the R.I. warrant stems not directly from what she's been charged with down there, but a missed court date therefor. I forget the exact date, but it was recent; a couple weeks ago or less. Court dates are scheduled far in advance, and R.I. is even more backlogged than the N.H. courts, so it had probably been scheduled before she even got involved in Sam's case.

Kat Kanning

I think when they decided to bring Sam to trial, they decided to release him.  Result:  guilty of whatever trumped up charge, sentence:  time served.  Ivy being there or not won't make any difference.

Friday

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Friday on June 05, 2009, 03:37 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat McCotter on June 05, 2009, 08:27 AM NHFT
The original story about Ivy and her troubles in RI.
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=10057.0

Thanks, McPat.  Somehow I missed that whole thread.  Wow.

Yeah, that thread was a major part of her decision to move up here. There was a parallel one over on NH Tea Party, too:—

https://www.nhteaparty.org/index.php/topic,217.0.html

And this, my post from the thread here, sure was prescient:—

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on August 06, 2007, 09:25 PM NHFT
I and others have often argued that these government-assistance programs are a way of making people dependent on the government, preventing them from seeking alternatives, such as relying on friends or family, or finding charities providing similar services. I think what's happened to this woman is a perfect example of that. ...

Ivy recently told me that the State has offered her some sort of social assistance for her kids here—which she turned down for exactly the reasons I cited above.