• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FEDERAL RAID ON DERRY FLEA MARKET

Started by ....., June 06, 2009, 01:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

thinkliberty

Quote from: neggy on June 12, 2009, 05:03 PM NHFT
fascist?  I'm kind of a conservative with a strong libertarian leaning.

Yeah a Fascist. You support using government thugs (paid through extortion) to regulate Imaginary Property. Your support of strict regulations on private industry is what makes you a fascist.

Quote from: neggy on June 12, 2009, 05:03 PM NHFT
There have been cases where counterfeit electronic components (chips) have made it into military aircraft.

So you are a militant fascist to boot.   How much boot-licking do you do at your job?

AntonLee

should probably start conserving by not wasting money on a failing transit system.  You can help I'm sure.

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: neggy on June 12, 2009, 07:43 AM NHFT
The deal is that when you invest your time and money in a product and trademark it, you have a legal right to protect your trademark. If you fail to take action to protect it, you loose it.

I was at that flea market on Sunday, 24 hours after the raid, and there were tens of thousands of counterfeit bags there, all in boxes from China, a country that is notorious for ignoring copyrights, and flat out stealing intellectual property.

Say for example Dalebert started a clothing line with artwork from his strip on it, and it becomes popular enough for someone else to want to cash in on his hard work, they contract with a Chinese company ( run by a communist government and using slave or prison labor) for exact duplicates of the shirts Dale is making in his garage. It won't be long before Daleberts work becomes worthless since his 25 dollar shirts are not going to move off the shelf when there are 5 dollar shirts at the flea market.
They wouldn't be defrauding Dale... just copying his openly available design. It would be defrauding Dale if they were using his likeness, name, or something that implied to the customer that he was directly involved with the product... without his consent.