• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ex Coast Guard, Looking for a job.

Started by ahroun_deltori, May 28, 2009, 11:23 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ahroun_deltori

I just recently moved to Manchester NH from Cleveland OH. I have skills in Facility Maintenance (i.e Carpentry, plumbing, masonry, roofing, painting, and Basic electrical.) through the Facility Maintenance program at the Roswell Job Corps Center in Roswell NM.

Through the Coast Guard I have training in Shipboard Firefighting, Seamanship and computer skills. I was also an office aide while stationed at ISC Cleveland.

Feel free to contact me at 1-603-606-1648.
Ask for Daniel Perdue. Say its about a Job Offer.

I'm 20 years old, I work hard, follow directions well and I have good critical thinking skills. I'm in great Health so you don't have to worry about many sick days.

Russell Kanning

maybe you can also help people get to know you better on this forum and elsewhere

ahroun_deltori

Sounds like a good idea can you let me know where to start.

Russell Kanning

on this forum ... start posting like crazy and getting to know the other guys
after a while we get to know your personality
next big step is to start to  help other people ... this shows you can work and your stock goes way up in many people's minds
it is hard starting over with people that don't know you, but many of us have done it :)

thinkliberty

ahroun_deltori

@Russell Kanning. Aye thank you for your help and ill try my hardest.
@Thinkliberty. It's good to be here. NH is simply beautiful. Im heading out towards Crystal Lake today trying to get some good pictures while im out job hunting.

Atlas

Welcome dude, are you a freestater or just someone that decided to move to NH on their own accord? If the former, are you a signed participant and have you updated your mover status. Sorry to be a pest...

Mike Barskey

Welcome to NH, AD. Going to PorcFest or Burning Porc?

ahroun_deltori

@Atlas- I'm originally from Texas. Due to family problems I've been out on my own since I was 16. I've traveled to New Mexico, California, and Georgia. With no success at finding myself I joined the Coast Guard. Me and my liberal views weren't compatible with the military. So they booted me out on account of suspected borderline depression. I was talking to a good friend of mine over the internet and she was telling me about how NH would be a great place for me and people with my views on things. I moved up here the 21st of May. I'd have to say it's beautiful here. Some of the people I could do without but hey they were here first.

@Mike Barskey- Where is Porcfest?

[edit- I'm semi liberal, and my liberal views that I expressed within the Coast Guard, was that we needn't always follow the unlawful orders being given from the head of the DHS, Janet Napolitano.]

Mike Barskey

ahroun_deltori

Well if I can get a ride up to Lancaster then it's all good, though if I cannot then I'd have to miss it. I don't have my license because it got lost in the move and I don't get my last paycheck from the military until the 15th. It looks like fun and it would give me a chance to meet and mingle with others. I really haven't had a chance to meet people because I'm always out on S.Willow in Manchester or Industrial Rd looking for work. Plus I don't know where I could go. I'm hoping I can get to go though.