• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Tax crusader Irwin Schiff found guilty on all counts

Started by Kat Kanning, October 25, 2005, 07:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

penguins4me

Quote from: KBCraig on October 23, 2008, 09:48 AM NHFT
Thank you. "Show me the law!" has always been either fraudulent, or willful ignorance. No offense to Ed & Elaine or others who have taken that tack, but arguments that "there is no law!" remind me of young-earthers demanding proof of evolution. No matter how overwhelming the evidence, there is no proof sufficient to those who refuse to accept it.

The problem I've found is that the words in the law that you read often do not mean what they are usually assumed to mean. As we all know, in wonderful Legal Land, words mean whatever you define them as.

I'm no lawyer, but I'd spent far too much time reading through the library of books known as the Internal Revenue Code, and managed to convince myself that there were too many legal terms that were defined deceptively enough to allow the casual reader to ASSUME that such-and-such was the way the law was written when in fact the legal definition was something else entirely.

None of the above changes the fact that taxation is slavery.

I'm also aware that the government will send its thugs to kidnap me if I resist the continual robbery, or kill me if I resist the kidnapping.

JohninRI

From Harry Brownes article quoted by Porcupine:

[¶5503] § 1.61-1. Gross income. —

(a) General definition. Gross income means all income from whatever source derived, unless excluded by law. Gross income includes income realized in any form, whether in money, property, or services. Income may be realized, therefore, in the form of services, meals, accommodations, stock, or other property, as well as in cash. Section 61 lists the more common items of gross income for purposes of illustration. For purposes of further illustration, § 1.61-14 mentions several miscellaneous items of gross income not listed specifically in section 61. Gross income, however, is not limited to the items so enumerated.

One must know where to look for that law.

Lloyd Danforth

I knew him briefly about 30 years ago.  He was just starting out as an activist then.  He was excitable, seldom finishing sentences as he explained his theory.  During his first stint in prison in some 'white collar' place, he wrote about all the good chess players he encountered.
I think after his second conviction, he opted for a mental asylum, which, frankly, is where I thought he belonged.