• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The prodigal returns

Started by jerry, June 10, 2009, 09:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry

Well, the job took much longer than expected, but last night I did the final tweaks to the configuration of the new medical records/billing system.  So this morning I was up with the sun loading up the car to head back east.

Stopped at the Seneca Nation for some cheap smokes, and when I got back on the road I turned on the radio and someone was singing  "I'M 500 MILES FROM MY HOME."  How appropriate! I'm almost exactly 500 miles from Grafton.

See you all real soon!

jerry

Tom Ploszaj

Jerry, I'm on my way soon ... the roof in CT should be done this weekend ... I need to figure out who will take over care giving for my in-laws so I can start moving my things north.

Sam A. Robrin

If you configure billing systems, I hope you're not prodigal.  I think you mean revenant . . .

dalebert

I just got this uncontrollable urge to applaud Tom and bump his karma. I can't explain it.

jerry

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on June 10, 2009, 12:09 PM NHFT
If you configure billing systems, I hope you're not prodigal.  I think you mean revenant . . .

OOPS.  You're right.  I always took the biblical "prodigal son" to mean "lost".  I never looked it up.  Although I suppose** I could be described as either. ;)

**reasoning:  It was a Medicare billing system I installed, so I suppose I am part of the wasteful national health care system.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: jerry on June 10, 2009, 02:42 PM NHFT
 I always took the biblical "prodigal son" to mean "lost".  I never looked it up.

Neither has anybody else. 
So, "Go thou and sin no more!"

Pat McCotter

Thank you for the vocabulary lesson, Sam. Just shows that context may not give full meaning to a word.

Kat Kanning

Pat McCotter

Oh  yeah.

Yay, jerry! Glad you're finally able to head back home!

J’raxis 270145

Welcome back, and welcome home, Jerry.

Lloyd Danforth

jerry

It's 9:30 and I've just arrived at my HOME in Grafton.  What a long drive, with just a few stops along the way to post here from my new wireless card.  This thing is neat.  I can get online just about anywhere there's cellphone service.  If it didn't have a data cap and didn't cost so much, it would be perfect.

My house didn't burn down, there are no legal notices tacked to the door, and I'm here in beautiful NEW HAMPSHIRE.   All is right with the world.

jerry

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: jerry on June 10, 2009, 08:38 PM NHFT
It's 9:30 and I've just arrived at my HOME in Grafton.  What a long drive, with just a few stops along the way to post here from my new wireless card.  This thing is neat.  I can get online just about anywhere there's cellphone service.  If it didn't have a data cap and didn't cost so much, it would be perfect.

My house didn't burn down, there are no legal notices tacked to the door, and I'm here in beautiful NEW HAMPSHIRE.   All is right with the world.

jerry
Glad to hear this

KBCraig

Quote from: jerry on June 10, 2009, 08:38 PM NHFT
It's 9:30 and I've just arrived at my HOME in Grafton.

Congratulations, YOU SUCK! (again), and +1.

Pat K

Hi Jerry, glad your home.

See ya soon.