• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porcupine Preparation Day and Summer Solstice Celebration 6/20,21

Started by Russell Kanning, June 10, 2009, 09:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

time for another bppd and ssc

last year at this time we spent the day and night celebrating the longest day of the year at the Hoyt Farm getting it ready for the 1st Burning Porcupine Festival
last year some people worked very hard ... and others mostly enjoyed the great outdoors

this year you can join us again. we will have feats of strength to attempt and less taxing activities. much of the preparations have already been made and we don't have to beat back the raspberries just to find the bonfire pit :)

bring your ideas and supplies for solar showers ... we will repair the last one (it survived the winter to my surprise) and set up another one if possible

we could also put up a couple of shelters for possible deluges during the week

come see what we have done with the place since last year and party all day and night if you would like. we have space for campers and for this weekend you can just shower and cook indoors

John

Russell Kanning

i guess by then we will have one or 2 lawn mowers ... so we can tame the front yard and other places that will not be hayed by then

Russell Kanning

some of the discussion of this weekend is happening on facebook, but let me catch you up

we will have lawn mowers by then, we can build another picnic table from scraps, we might be putting up a pavilion

Russell Kanning

on Sunday to celebrate Fathers Day....

There is such a thing as a free lunch

TISATAAFL

Kat will be making chili and fresh buns for the picnic lunch. It will be free ... yes you heard it ... free for all the Dad's who can make it. Bring your own drinks (sun tea and fresh lemonade will be included).

(Donations to fund the free lunch will be gladly accepted ... void where prohibited by law ... your mileage may vary ... not available in the free lunch state of MA)

Russell Kanning

we are working on a 45'x17' pavilion above the fire pit
we have the posts (from the woods), 6x6 beams from a discontinued project, and funky 2x8 purlins.
we could use donations from Burning Porcupine participants for the cement and metal roofing

Russell Kanning

looks like so ok weather for today, so we may actually get something done

jerry

Pat K

Russell Kanning

the workers left in the afternoon, so John and i enjoyed the longest day of the year by the biggest bonfire yet ... there might still be a smoldering crater where that barn-foundation-full-of-junk was

the work gang moved and fixed up the shower structure ... mowed and mowed some more ... cleaned up other things ... and fixed up the fire pit

the feat of strength defeated or at least intimidated us into inaction

John

Quote from: jerry on June 20, 2009, 02:59 PM NHFT
Lunch break at Burning Porcupine Preparation Day.

Kat's homemade chicken soup, homemade bread, and, salad ... Mmmm!

John

Russell Kanning

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 21, 2009, 11:20 AM NHFT
Happy Father's Day
Dads out there

Get back on topic Kanning!

...and by the way...  I got a free ice cream cone for being a Daddy today... and I'm only a kitty's Daddy.  ;D

OMG... it was strawberry!   ;D

John