• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Handyman/Mr. FixIt Questions

Started by Friday, June 13, 2009, 12:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

I foresee a lot of handyman questions in my near future, so I figured I'd start a thread for it.   :blush:

First question: my Mr. Coffee drip coffeemaker suddenly stopped working, in the middle of brewing a pot.  Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to reanimate it?  Or, if I wind up chucking it and buying a new one, does anyone want it?

TackleTheWorld

Was there water in the tank and the coffee was dripping out then it stopped?  There could be a spring-loaded lever where the coffee drips out that needs to be decrusted.

Friday

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on June 13, 2009, 12:30 PM NHFT
Was there water in the tank and the coffee was dripping out then it stopped?  There could a spring-loaded lever where the coffee drips out that needs to be decrusted.
Yes, that's exactly what happened.  I'll give that a shot.  Thanks!

djbridgeland

Run a cup or 2 of vinegar water through and rinse good, that should do the trick.

Friday

It appears to be a more serious problem than dirty/clogged.  The liquid in the cannister doesn't heat up when I turn the machine on.  I'm going to buy a new one tomorrow, unless someone has any other ideas.   :coffee:

Jim Johnson

Test the outlet by plugging something into it that you know works.

Friday

Quote from: Jim Johnson on June 13, 2009, 06:24 PM NHFT
Test the outlet by plugging something into it that you know works.
I know the outlet works; the coffeemaker has a light that comes on when you turn it on.

KBCraig

The heating element is burned out. On a consumer unit, it's not replaceable.

Junk/trash/recycle as you please, and buy a new coffee maker.

Jim Johnson

It can still be used as a very fanciful flower pot.   :)

Pat K

Jim Johnson

The cable that connects my DDR Metal dance pad to my PS2 doesn't work any more.   :'(

Pat K

Quote from: Jim Johnson on June 14, 2009, 10:10 PM NHFT
The cable that connects my DDR Metal dance pad to my PS2 doesn't work any more.   :'(

I have an alibi.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Pat K on June 14, 2009, 10:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on June 14, 2009, 10:10 PM NHFT

I have an alibi.

Lies make baby Jesus cry.

Lloyd Danforth

I have strawberries if you promise not to hit me!

Friday

Sipping coffee from my new coffeemaker; yay!   :coffee:

Pop quiz: while holding the following items in her hands, which oneS did Friday chuck into the communal garbage dumpster?
1) broken coffeemaker
2) shopping list
3) coupons
4) car keys
5) house keys
6) all of the above

:duh: