• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Looking for perfect campsite

Started by Sovereign Curtis, June 15, 2009, 10:13 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Sovereign Curtis

Hello all. As I'm moving to NH now (as opposed to "when I'm ready", as I've been telling myself for the last year and a half), I'm in need of some cheap (thats my theme) "housing". What I'm really looking for is a place I can campout for the summer, that is near enough to a population center that I may be able to walk/bike/ride to and find some work. Since I'll be all smelly from camping out, I'm thinking farm work, or manual labor.

A water source nearby would be very nice. Very nice indeed.

FYI, I am NOT coming to NH to "mooch" off fellow liberty lovers. While it is true I am moving to NH in a very unfortunate financial situation, my MAIN goal (sorry FSP) is to improve my station in life, by increasing my opportunities to make something happen for myself. My goal is to have improved (saved $) my situation enough, that by the end of the summer, I can afford a roof. (Dear FSP, the number 2 reason for moving to NH is to advance the cause of liberty. As my situation improves, this priority will receive more time and energy from myself. Love you long time.)

Russell Kanning

Fluff and Stuff

I know of a guy that lived out of his truck for many months when he first moved to NH.  He got a job and everything but saved up a lot of money by living out of his truck.  I know another guy that has a job in Keene but lives out of his truck right now.

You could certainly live in a vehicle (if you have one), join a gym (for showering) and work a job.  It should get too cold for the average healthy person until November.  You could save a ton of money that way.  Even cheap rent tends to cost around $350 a month in NH so that is some savings.

There is always this, http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=962.0 (rent for $200 is damn cheap).

This guy named Dale is offering a room and I think food for free, but you have to be his house boy.  Unsurprisingly, no one has taken Dale up on the offer.

There are also interesting posts on Craigs list from time to time.  Right now there is a place with free rent and a little pay.  The catch is you have to live with someone who is disabled and help them out a little.  A while back I saw and ad for a lady that wanted to help someone start over.  Rent was $350 or so a month (good deal).  It even included some food I think.  She said that her husband could likely find the person a job.

Anyway, hope to meet you at Porcfest.

djbridgeland

Perhaps Ron at little Minnesota in Deerfield  would let you camp on his property for a little bit of money.  Also  Check out porcmanor.com, he is on there and has a large wooded acreage property near a lake, and also rents out rooms. 

dalebert

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on June 15, 2009, 10:33 AM NHFTUnsurprisingly, no one has taken Dale up on the offer.

Hey! Unsurprisingly? I, for one, am very surprised.  :P

EthanLeeVita

Wait? Is this a serious offer now? *ponders*  :P

dalebert

People are having way too much fun with this and hijacking way too many threads with my houseboy position. That said, this requires some clarifications.

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on June 15, 2009, 10:33 AM NHFT
This guy named Dale is offering a room and I think food for free, but you have to be his house boy.

First, this isn't open to just anyone. You have to send resume and shirtless pics prior to an on site interview. Also, you don't get your own room. A key responsibility of the position is spooning until I fall asleep. And NO, you don't get to be the back spooner. You have to be the front spooner.

Now quit hijacking threads and misleading people about the position.  :P This thread is about camping.

EthanLeeVita

Will there be a temporary tent boy while you are camping? Is this position as rigorous of qualifications as the house boy position?

Pat K

Quote from: EthanLeeVita on June 15, 2009, 05:21 PM NHFT
Will there be a temporary tent boy while you are camping? Is this position as rigorous of qualifications as the house boy position?

Tent boy? Shit Dale just hopes he remembers to bring his tent.  ;D

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 15, 2009, 10:29 AM NHFT
how are you getting here?

Russell, not 100% sure yet. Trolling craigslist's rideshare for a few different nearby cities. So far the best ride I've found is to Baltimore, and I can only bring two bags (one of which will be my tent). Havent found a ride from Baltimore to New Jersey (where a friend lives, she is also coming to PorcFest, said I could ride) yet. Found a couple ads for rides to Boston (and one said he had a truck, with an open bed), but no responses on those yet.

A while back I saw and ad for a lady that wanted to help someone start over.  Rent was $350 or so a month (good deal).  It even included some food I think.  She said that her husband could likely find the person a job.

Anyway, hope to meet you at Porcfest.

I replied to that ad. $350 a month to sleep on a couch (or air mattress, futon, whatever) in the living room of a one bedroom apartment. It didnt strike me as much of a helping hand, more like a way to pay the rent for the couple advertising.

Anyway, I hope to meet you at PorcFest as well.

Quote from: djbridgeland on June 15, 2009, 11:29 AM NHFT
Perhaps Ron at little Minnesota in Deerfield  would let you camp on his property for a little bit of money.  Also  Check out porcmanor.com, he is on there and has a large wooded acreage property near a lake, and also rents out rooms. 

Havent checked with Ron yet, I thought he was trying to sell his place? I tried contacting Namaste Greenfire via email twice, no response so far. And I'm not sure how many job opportunities would be nearby that "manor". I'll try Ron, thanks!

The rest of you...quit hijacking my thread... :P

Pat K

Us hijackers  are bumping your thread. ;)

Sovereign Curtis

Lloyd Danforth

This guy named Dale is offering a room and I think food for free, but you have to be his house boy.  Unsurprisingly, no one has taken Dale up on the offer.

I wasn't aware of this. I'll have to give Dale a call.

Ron Helwig

Yes, I am trying to sell Little Minnesota place before the bank does. We're still not sure when the bank auction would be, but expect it to be sometime in August or later. Basically, moving here is a little bit of a gamble, but if it gets people to the free state so they can look around for a more permanent spot, that sounds like a decent plan.

I am willing to have campers stay here. I'd like $25/week, or labor swaps can be worked out.

[Haven't been on this forum for a while. Probably time to catch up on the madness  :) ]