• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Parks up for grabs

Started by Lloyd Danforth, June 18, 2009, 07:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John Edward Mercier

Pisgah is slated to be transferred to Forests and Lands... its not really a state park in that it doesn't meet the criteria. To meet the criteria its recreational aspect would need to be further developed... and current legislation prevents that from happening.

AntonLee

there are some really nice commenters that don't feel it's something to be proud of that people pay for the services they want to use instead of stealing it from their neighbors.

Puke

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: AntonLee on June 18, 2009, 03:17 PM NHFT
there are some really nice commenters that don't feel it's something to be proud of that people pay for the services they want to use instead of stealing it from their neighbors.

I noticed that.  So I commented too.  If I were to guess, I'd think that was the main point of Lloyd posting this - for us to either post comments, write LTE, contact the officials involves or show up at the June 23rd meeting with comments.  At least, those are the reasons I would have posted this info.

cathleeninnh

AntonLee

most of the time lately it's the comments that make me comment. . not the articles.  I would love to help support Rye Beach State Reservation with a little bit of cash when I go there.

Paying for services like clean parks is beyond some people.

John Edward Mercier

Some of the parks on the list have positive cash flow... just don't meet the definition of a 'park'.
The intent was to develop them over time... but for some, legislation prevents it... for others, the market demand is simply not there, or would compete with private businesses. So an alternative management plan needs to be developed for these... since the old plans are no longer valid.

Russell Kanning

maybe we will have help keep cardigan a nice place

obviously the government was wrong about pisgah .... the best use for the land was farms and houses

John Edward Mercier

Cardigan will get transferred also...
NHParks just can't afford to keep it.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: AntonLee on June 18, 2009, 07:11 PM NHFT
Paying for services like clean parks is beyond some people.

Direct payment is something I'll try very hard to not do again, unless they are private parks.  In NH, the vast majority of land is privately owned but still allows people to travel on it.  Since NH is almost all rural, there is much less need for parks in NH than most places.