• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ride before Porcfest

Started by schismatized, June 05, 2009, 04:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

schismatized

Me and two buddies are landing in Manchester on the Tuesday before the Porcfest weekend. We have had trouble finding rides... We would like to Checkout Manchester and the sea coast area before we go up to lancaster. It would be cool to have a freestater show us around, we would be willing to compensate them for it. Or maybe someone could suggest an alternate transportation method? It is awfully hard to rent a car at 18.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: schismatized on June 05, 2009, 04:54 PM NHFT
Me and two buddies are landing in Manchester on the Tuesday before the Porcfest weekend. We have had trouble finding rides... We would like to Checkout Manchester and the sea coast area before we go up to lancaster. It would be cool to have a freestater show us around, we would be willing to compensate them for it. Or maybe someone could suggest an alternate transportation method? It is awfully hard to rent a car at 18.

It may not be possible to rent a car from a company if you are below 18.  Even if it is possible, expect to pay something like $80 per day.  It may be possible to borrow a car from someone.

djbridgeland

I might be able to help. I live in Manch and don't have a job at the moment.  Have room in your tent by chance?

Lloyd Danforth

A small personal tent would be cheap if you could camp on their site. Last year I spent rainy, rainy, rainy Saturday night nice and dry in a pup tent I made with a rope, tarp and two stakes.

Atlas

Quote from: schismatized on June 05, 2009, 04:54 PM NHFT
I may be able to help, I'll let ya know by this coming Tuesday.

schismatized

Thanks for all the support guys. We are all 18. It is like the rental car places don't want to make profit or something. Crazy.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: schismatized on June 06, 2009, 03:43 PM NHFT
Thanks for all the support guys. We are all 18. It is like the rental car places don't want to make profit or something. Crazy.

It more likely that it is either against the law or that they deem the risk too high.  Most places charge $25 extra per day for those b/t 21 and 25, that is, if they will even rent to people in that age group.  I guess there is a lot of risk.

Everything should work out for you.  Just continue to plan and you should be fine.

Porcupine Realtor

You can board the Porcupine Party Bus PorcFest bus tour on Wednesday at the Seacoast (Portsmouth or Hampton Beach) or on Thursday in Manchester and ride back up to Lancaster with the bus.  Ten bucks a piece.  If you can find things to do and people to see (or the other way around) for a couple days in Southern NH, this is an option for you. PM with your contact info and your travel plans if I can help.

Does the Porc Party Bus still need a driver w/ a CDL?

Porcupine Realtor

Thursday morning Peter H is rolling through Manchester and Concord and has room for 7 more passengers.  Info over at the FSP site says:
I shall be driving from Ipswich, Mass., through Manchester, to Roger's on Thurs. morn sometime and I can also provide rides for 10.  I shall also be going back through Manchester on Sunday afternoon.  Call at 603-733-6100

IcerC

Hey what did you guys do?
I am in the manch airport right now and need a ride.
Will pay gas costs
Call

Cheers
Iain

Russell Kanning