• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

DARE to protest the (so-called) war on drugs! 5 August 2009

Started by MTPorcupine3, June 19, 2009, 09:09 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John Edward Mercier

Without paying the fifteen you'll be just looking at fencing and the back of the grandstand. The whole place is designed to make sure spectators have to pay the gate fee.

John

Quote from: Giggan on June 29, 2009, 12:22 AM NHFTto give them 15 FRNs to inadvertently encourage kids to take drugs.

Not to mention the fact that they begin brain washing kids as early as kindergarten to join the Soviet/Red China style Snitch Society. They encourage kids to turn in their parents (and other family members) so that the "nice policeman" - IE member of the Blue Light Gang - can "provide" those family members with the "help" they "need."

Giggan

So I wouldn't be able to stand outside the entrance as they come in?

John Edward Mercier

You might.
The NHMS property runs to the NH DOT ROW on Rte.106 and includes quite a distance of highway frontage.
I don't know what policies the facility has in place as to various activities outside its gate.

MTPorcupine3

What would it take to hire a plane with a banner: DARE to end the 'war on drugs'! to fly over the area during the event? That would say a lot more then people on the ground. Or a blimp? Any other ideas out there?

Kat Kanning

Humorrhoid

MTPorcupine3

I just did a recon yesterday. There is a 3-mile No Parking Zone along the highway, but a generous shoulder for walking. I propose that we meet and park on the southern limit of the No Parking Zone at 15:00 (3 p.m.) and either stay there with our signs or walk toward the main gate so that people will see us as they approach.

If there be enough participants we should split up and have a few folks cover from the north. There will be cars headed south along the highway, though most participants in the DARE fundraiser will probably be coming from the south and therefor headed north.

There doesn't look to be much of an opportunity to pass out literature, unless we raid a nearby town for that purpose. Any ideas?

Is there any chance we can get something up in the air for all to see? Hot air balloon, blimp, aeroplane?

MTPorcupine3

Does anyone have sign making material? Can anyone host a sign making party?

Kat Kanning

I have stencils and markers.  If you want to pick up some sign material, we can do it here.

MTPorcupine3

I want a PM from everyone who intends to go and whether you will be bringing signs or sign-making material.

Kat Kanning

MTPorcupine3

In case you thought that last post sounded like a demand, you're right. It was my frustration at the lack of response leaking out in my writing. Apparently there is not enough interest, so maybe we'll try again next year. As for this year, there's no point in showing up with five or fewer people.

Any suggestions for next year?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: MTPorcupine3 on August 04, 2009, 07:33 AM NHFT
In case you thought that last post sounded like a demand, you're right. It was my frustration at the lack of response leaking out in my writing. Apparently there is not enough interest, so maybe we'll try again next year. As for this year, there's no point in showing up with five or fewer people.

Any suggestions for next year?

What's the problem Rich?  Not enough men for an All American Overwhelming Tactical Advantage.

Your not taking a hill full of machine gun nests. 

If this DARE thing bothers you, go there with a sign and get video of peoples reaction.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on August 04, 2009, 11:22 PM NHFT

Your not taking a hill full of machine gun nests. 

You sound like Walter from the "Big Lebowski". ;D

I was interested in this protest, a good opportunity, alas I am too busy with work to make it.

The way these things have worked out well in the underground is for someone to say "I'm going and have fun messing with the Drug Nazi's..."
Others then go also, no leader, no permit, not dependent on the size of the group to have a success. The '60's protest model was to somehow intimidate your opponent with numbers. Our successes have seemed to work based on a few against the bully. Seems to be more poignant.