• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Dentist ???

Started by Raineyrocks, January 30, 2007, 09:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: malevil on January 31, 2007, 07:40 AM NHFT
I also suggested Rainey look north - everything seems to be less expensive up north. 
BTW - Lancaster is about 1-1.25 hour drive for you Rainey.  I can make it in 1 hour, but I drive like Mario Andretti. 

And...please...one of you come on Friday.  If you want, I'll pick you up.  

Hope everyone gets better soon.  This cold thing has sucked. 

I'll try my best (as long as I don't get sick) ,I promise!  I don't see why I couldn't go and leave Rick home with the kids, that no good *%**, only kidding, but really he could stay home since I like the topic matter more than him. ;D  It's supposed to snow real bad on Thursday or Friday I heard.
Lancaster would take me 2 hours then I drive like a beetle. :blush:

Vote Tyler Stearns

I have to admit that we all got a laugh as we watched you creep down our hill after our last get together ;D

And, of course, when you drive to Lancaster you must go through the dreaded N O T C H .... which is always like another world.  Sunny down here...the dark side of the moon in the notch.  Flurrying down here...a whirling dervish whiteout in the notch. 

Well, you can always call up there and ask for prices.  At least you can compare that way.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: malevil on January 31, 2007, 08:32 AM NHFT
I have to admit that we all got a laugh as we watched you creep down our hill after our last get together ;D

I knew I was being watched!:shock:  Wait til the summer and you see me hanging on Rick screaming because of frogs!:D

QuoteAnd, of course, when you drive to Lancaster you must go through the dreaded N O T C H .... which is always like another world.  Sunny down here...the dark side of the moon in the notch.  Flurrying down here...a whirling dervish whiteout in the notch. 

Rick and I went to Littleton one day and my ears kept popping and I was so dizzy.

Raineyrocks

Stupid quote things!  I thought I got it right that time. :BangHead:

aries

I asked my mother about it, she said bridges should be about $1000 a piece (she was a dental hygenist for many years)

Beth221

well that costs has gone up alot, bridges are made of high noble metals, gold and such, which the price as we all know, is up pretty high.  a single tooth crown is about 1000.  a bridge consists of 2 crowns fused to a metal and porcelain pontic (a fake tooth)generally speaking, its 1000 per tooth. three unit bridge is the most common, runs about 2500-3000 thousand dollars.  some bridges are catilever, consists of one crown attached to a pontic  (abutment and a pontic, the crown is the pontic, the anchor tooth) there is meryland bridges, which have metal wings that attach to virgin teeth bonded with cement, and the bridge is the pontic only, no crowns, they are rare, as they come out alot because of the biting force, those run about a thousand.  a bridge prep takes about an hour to an hour and a half.  impressions are taken for the lab, the opposing impression, the impression for the tempory bridge that you will leave with.  the final impresssion for the lab.  they retract the tissue with impression cord, temporarly, they use a little string with a hemostatic fluid on it, place it between the tissue and the tooth margins.  the temporary is acrylic, and will stay in place for approximatly three weeks. then after the lab finishes the bridge, they remove the temporary bridge, clean up the tooth of any left over temp cement, and fit the bridge, many any adjustments to it, if nessesary. then they cement it in place with perminent cement.  nothing sticky or chewy for 24 hours!  they will show you how to floss under the bridge. its very important to floss it, because the anchor teeth can get cavities, and get under the bridge, making the bridge loose, and will need to be replaced....  hopefully this makes sense!  Im still on drugs, but the broken bum is feeling better! 

blueskyblue

Well, I agree. But, on the other hand, why not dental implants, if it costs so much? It may be a false tooth, but it is very durable than bridges. You won't worry falling out of your mouth or sticking on a gum.  8) Nowadays, there are many options to choose from, but I think it is important to choose the best treatment there is. :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: blueskyblue on June 01, 2009, 01:56 AM NHFT
Well, I agree. But, on the other hand, why not dental implants, if it costs so much? It may be a false tooth, but it is very durable than bridges. You won't worry falling out of your mouth or sticking on a gum.  8) Nowadays, there are many options to choose from, but I think it is important to choose the best treatment there is. :)

Yup, I should have just went with the implants, it would probraly have cost around the same as my root canals and other stuff!  I guess it's time to save up $$ and get them done.  My only issue with implants, besides not being able to afford them for awhile, is that I'm a night grinder and I've heard that they can splinter in your gum, ouch!   I wear a nightguard and my dentist can't believe the damage that has been done to that in such a short time.  Any thoughts on this? :)

blueskyblue

@ raineyrocks: I believe that it was a blessing in disguise that you went for bridges than dental implants. ;) According to most dentists, dental implants won't work 100% on night grinders. You're lucky!  8)

tonks001

Quote from: raineyrocks on January 30, 2007, 09:48 AM NHFT
I have to get some dental work done but a dentist in Plymouth wants to charge $10,400.00 (2 permanent bridges for some of my back molars, fillings and 1 extraction) does that seem too high?  For the partials (bridges) he wants $7,000, does that sound right?

It actually depends on the severity and dental work needed to be done. I know dental treatments can bee too expensive. You can ask other dentists about your concern with regards to prices. There are dentists and clinics who offers different payment method. Good luck!

Dental Fremont
Dentist Thousand Oaks

Rebel Rob

I'm in need of a dentist as well for a simple filling replacement.  Does anyone know of a liberty loving dentist within an hour two of Henniker, NH that's worth patronizing?

Thanks.