• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

AltExpo#4 summer of 2009 at Rogers

Started by jaqeboy, June 20, 2009, 08:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

Another Alternatives Exposition is coming up next week!

We'll have a program of 5 speakers a day with a longer 1.5 hours allowed for each speaker (lots of people asked for more time per).
The schedule's at http://altexpo.org/AltExpo4 (one more time slot to get confirmed on) - more details to be filled in soon.

We'll  have a visit from BoldVoices.tv if not a protracted stay - We'll have the excellent New-Hampshire-fresh roasted coffee. There are even a half case of souvenir AltExpo mugs from #2 (last summer). Working on whether or not we'll have an extensive snack spread or not. I know Cynthia at site #37 is offering a breakfast for first-come/first-served (We might have something boring like oatmeal, but we'll try to kick it up a notch with fruits and nuts.

Oh, yeah, site#36 just up the hill from the bingo hall. We're working on the evening music scene, so we'll see if that comes together.

If you haven't been to an AltExpo yet, come on up to #36 Alt-ville. The speakers give you a chance to get right into their topic and to meet and network with them. If you've got a last minute topic to offer that you think the Porc community ought to hear about, maybe it can be squeezed in somewhere. Write to Jack@AltExpo.org.

See you there!

freedan

Please  contact Dan @ dan@altexpo.com for info about staying at the altexpo sight we still have a few openings

Russell Kanning

we will be visiting altexpo on saturday if the sun is shining

jaqeboy

We finally filled out our schedule with a 2:30 "Chicks with kicks" demonstration!

No, it's not about ladies and their shoes ... Eli will demonstrate self-defense techniques for women - actually for anyone.

The schedule is here: http://altexpo.org/AltExpo4

We'll have fresh roasted coffee again at the Expo Cafe (if I can get a volunteer to bring it up from the roaster in Amherst around Thursday noontime - they only roast Wednesday evenings and I'm planning to head up Wednesday afternoon - it's all been pre-paid, just needs to be picked up - please PM me if you can assist.)

jaqeboy

Phew! The AltExpo was fun, as usual - hope everyone enjoyed the coffee at the Expo Cafe. I've got to figure out how to make that less work for me. We had a couple of really great new additions and I'll keep working on getting the presenters to post their presentations to the AltExpo.org site!

jaqeboy

Oh, and one lost and found item:
1 qt. Bardo Farm maple syrup, dark amber - left on the ExpoCafe table.
I've got it at home in the cupboard - I'll give you a couple of weeks to claim it or it's on pancakes!

turbo

Quote from: jaqeboy on June 29, 2009, 12:48 PM NHFT
Phew! The AltExpo was fun, as usual - hope everyone enjoyed the coffee at the Expo Cafe. I've got to figure out how to make that less work for me. We had a couple of really great new additions and I'll keep working on getting the presenters to post their presentations to the AltExpo.org site!

The coffee was excellent as well as the presentations... thanks Jack! I'd think you could round up some volunteers to take turns helping with coffee... I would be happy to do it... just don't put me on the early shift or I will probably sleep through it  ;)