• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Is anarchism/minarchism/anarocapitalism hostile towards libertarianism?

Started by Rodinia, June 22, 2009, 04:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

violence

What about a government (like ours was founded) that is a negative force, meaning its sole purpose is to protect individual rights, to protect citizens from their governments, etc... and not to be a positive force, such as "helping" citizens.

The glaring problem i see with this compared to anarcho-capitalism is that damn thing called OPINIONS. were as time goes on more and more things will be thrown into "protecting individual rights" like the slippery road our country went down.

it started out as something i think we all would be pretty happy with, and over time, generation after generation people became more and more apathetic, it always happens with a government.

i think this is the strongest case for anarcho-capitalism

violence

not to say there aren't a lot of problems with anarcho-capatalism, like a group of people assembling together and killing you and taking your stuff.

AntonLee

Quote from: violence on June 23, 2009, 06:45 PM NHFT
like a group of people assembling together and killing you and taking your stuff.

sounds like the police department no?

thinkliberty

Quote from: PattyLee loves dogs on June 23, 2009, 05:58 PM NHFT
Why don't we see whether we can stop government from going to 100% totalitarian first? Even the most wishy-washy minarchist is still 100% with the ancaps on most any practical issue today.

Heck, King George the Third would be a radical minarchist by today's standards  ;D

...and more generally, most people, even big-government supporters, have some issue where we agree with them. Why not make a practice of figuring out what each person's pro-liberty issue is, and supporting them?

(Or we can continue with the present policy of talking to people until we find out the one issue where we don't agree, then talking to them about nothing else until they defenestrate us. That's worked so well for libertarians since 1971  :soapbox:)

Minarchist don't like losing people to anarchism because of their violence. I moved to NH as part of the FSP to work toward liberty. My pro-liberty issue is non-violence. Why can't you support me in that?

thinkliberty

Quote from: violence on June 23, 2009, 06:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: thinkliberty on June 22, 2009, 09:16 PM NHFT
Minarchists advocate mandatory taxation for national defense, roads, police, etc.

In order to have mandatory taxation you must have a militant police force to collect them. Minarchist advocate a violent society so I am against them.

what about mandatory taxes on things like trade? tariffs and the like?

Are you saying you want to extort importers and exporters to pay for the government that you want with a militant police force? State to State or worldwide?  What imaginary line does someone have to cross to be threatened with violence by your police thugs?

violence

Quote from: thinkliberty on June 23, 2009, 07:06 PM NHFT
Quote from: violence on June 23, 2009, 06:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: thinkliberty on June 22, 2009, 09:16 PM NHFT
Minarchists advocate mandatory taxation for national defense, roads, police, etc.

In order to have mandatory taxation you must have a militant police force to collect them. Minarchist advocate a violent society so I am against them.

Are you saying you want to extort importers and exporters to pay for the government that you want with a militant police force? State to State or worldwide?  What imaginary line does someone have to cross to be threatened with violence by your police thugs?

you're jumping the gun a little bit saying my police thugs and this other non sense.

it was a simple question.

violence

Quote from: AntonLee on June 23, 2009, 06:53 PM NHFT
like a group of people assembling together and killing you and taking your stuff.

yes, but thats irrelevant to the question.

if you were an anarcho-capitalism and i got a gang of 100 people w/ akms together to take your stuff... its a realistic question.

thinkliberty

Quote from: violence on June 23, 2009, 07:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on June 23, 2009, 06:53 PM NHFT

yes, but thats irrelevant to the question.

if you were an anarcho-capitalism and i got a gang of 100 people w/ akms together to take your stuff... its a realistic question.

If you got together with 100 people to come and take my stuff then the police could not stop them. 

They would not know about it until it had already happened.

Kat Kanning

thinkliberty

Quote from: violence on June 23, 2009, 07:14 PM NHFT

Are you saying you want to extort importers and exporters to pay for the government that you want with a militant police force? State to State or worldwide?  What imaginary line does someone have to cross to be threatened with violence by your police thugs?

you're jumping the gun a little bit saying my police thugs and this other non sense.

The mandatory taxes on on things like trade, tariffs and the like were your idea not mine. Because it's been established that mandatory taxation requires a militant police force for collection and that was your idea, that makes them your police.  If's a simple answer.

violence

Quote from: thinkliberty on June 23, 2009, 07:29 PM NHFT
Quote from: violence on June 23, 2009, 07:14 PM NHFT

Are you saying you want to extort importers and exporters to pay for the government that you want with a militant police force? State to State or worldwide?  What imaginary line does someone have to cross to be threatened with violence by your police thugs?

The mandatory taxes on on things like trade, tariffs and the like were your idea not mine. Because it's been established that mandatory taxation requires a militant police force for collection and that was your idea, that makes them your police.  If's a simple answer.

you are a douche bag, and if we lived in anarcho-capatalism i think i would come kill you and take your stuff  :Mr. Burns:

thinkliberty

Quote from: violence on June 23, 2009, 07:41 PM NHFT
you are a douche bag, and if we lived in anarcho-capatalism i think i would come kill you and take your stuff  :Mr. Burns:

Until then you'll have your militant police force do it for you.

violence

Quote from: thinkliberty on June 23, 2009, 07:45 PM NHFT

you are a joke. this is what you do to other liberty activists? when they ask a question you start saying your police thugs your police etc...

if anyone is getting his stuff stolen from police its me, i pay about 50% in income tax alone counting state and federal. DO YOU?

Russell Kanning

you are a douche bag, and if we lived in anarcho-capatalism i think i would come kill you and take your stuff  :Mr. Burns:
i disagree with violence

thinkliberty

Quote from: violence on June 23, 2009, 07:49 PM NHFT
Quote from: thinkliberty on June 23, 2009, 07:45 PM NHFT

you are a joke. this is what you do to other liberty activists? when they ask a question you start saying your police thugs your police etc...

if anyone is getting his stuff stolen from police its me, i pay about 50% in income tax alone counting state and federal. DO YOU?

It's how I treat people that call me a "douche bag" 

If you don't like the idea of your police thugs then you should not bring them up.