• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Is anarchism/minarchism/anarocapitalism hostile towards libertarianism?

Started by Rodinia, June 22, 2009, 04:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

violence

Quote from: thinkliberty on June 24, 2009, 01:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: violence on June 24, 2009, 12:31 AM NHFT

i'm pointing out the huge flaw in your anarcho belief. i believe the correct role of government is to protect the rights of individuals. without government fullfilling this proper role, i would kill you and take your stuff. (or someone else would, or a group of people, or a group of people who formed a government).

The only thing you have pointed out is that you are caught up in circular reasoning.

You are for killing people and stealing their stuff (with your government) so that you don't kill me and take my stuff? (or someone else would, or a group of people, or a group of people who formed a government).  Yep classic case in circular reasoning.

What if I protected my things with locks so it would not be worth your time to try and kill me and take my things? What if someone else protected my things or a group of people protects me or my things without forming a government? Then I would have protection.

You don't need a government to protect you, if you live in a society that cares about the rights of the individual.

You say "at no time in history has anarchism ever existed, and it will never exist, no matter what you do, it will NEVER exist." and I will counter with at no time in history has the internet existed and the world has never been so connected. So just because something has never happened before does not mean it will ever work or exist.

People never thought it would be possible to go to the moon or fly around the world in a single day, but they do now because of technology.

The ancient Greeks did not have the internet, so I realize they don't have a clear picture of the modern world and freedom or the law.

you live in a fantasy world. Using government for its rightful purpose, it would NOT BE STEALING STUFF FROM YOU. Its only job would be to protect the rights of the individual. not to go to your house and steal your stuff.

the theory of anarchism has existed for thousands of years, the theory of the internet has not. you're point might make sense if the theory of the internet existed for thousands of years but no one could make it work.

thinkliberty

Quote from: violence on June 24, 2009, 04:19 PM NHFT
you live in a fantasy world. Using government for its rightful purpose, it would NOT BE STEALING STUFF FROM YOU. Its only job would be to protect the rights of the individual. not to go to your house and steal your stuff.

the theory of anarchism has existed for thousands of years, the theory of the internet has not. you're point might make sense if the theory of the internet existed for thousands of years but no one could make it work.

The government has no rightful purpose. It is an unnecessary evil and should not exist.

I don't live in a fantasy world, but I wish I did.  I wish I lived in a world without your violent government. That is my fantasy. 

violence

Quote from: thinkliberty on June 24, 2009, 05:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: violence on June 24, 2009, 04:19 PM NHFT

The government has no rightful purpose. It is an unnecessary evil and should not exist.

I don't live in a fantasy world, but I wish I did.  I wish I lived in a world without your violent government. That is my fantasy. 

so a world without a "violent government" but full of violent individuals, and violent groups, and other violent governments is fine. till they kill you. right?

I understand and appreciate where you are coming from, but it can't ever happen. it will never happen, its a pipe dream. if there is anything as much impossible as you living in anarchy peacefully I have not heard of it.

Would you protect yourself from foreign governments? By rolling around in the fetal position in a vain attempt to kiss your own ass goodbye?

government is a necessary evil, it has a purpose.

anarchism never will exist, some power structure always fills the vacuum, and its usually an oligarchy. If you get your wish for anarchism you will soon have a tyrannical oligarchy.

you can be as non violent as you want, but other people won't and you will be a slave to them, like you are a slave right now

thinkliberty

Quote from: violence on June 24, 2009, 06:23 PM NHFT
so a world without a "violent government" but full of violent individuals, and violent groups, and other violent governments is fine. till they kill you. right?

I understand and appreciate where you are coming from, but it can't ever happen. it will never happen, its a pipe dream. if there is anything as much impossible as you living in anarchy peacefully I have not heard of it.

Would you protect yourself from foreign governments? By rolling around in the fetal position in a vain attempt to kiss your own ass goodbye?

anarchism never will exist, some power structure always fills the vacuum, and its usually an oligarchy. If you get your wish for anarchism you will soon have a tyrannical oligarchy.

you can be as non violent as you want, but other people won't and you will be a slave to them, like you are a slave right now

Are you afraid of the dark or just anarchy?

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: thinkliberty on June 24, 2009, 11:55 AM NHFT
Quote from: John Edward Mercier on June 24, 2009, 06:51 AM NHFT
I think the last long post is also flawed reasoning.
The current government format is a group of protective collectives. Its really not a single entity.
These collectives are formed through associative beliefs of behavior... but are generally not geographical in nature do to physical limitations. The push/pull that we see in politics is the interaction of these intertwined groups as expressed by Joseph Priestley to Thomas Jefferson.

So in essence, we are all anarchists... that may momentarily form a minarchy... but seldom a permanent one due to variations in believes.

The current government is a group of protective collectives that claims to be a single entity. The United States of America and/or the state of NH. These collectives are formed through associative beliefs.. but they are geographical in nature due to physical borders.

The push/pull we see in politics is the collectives trying to take control of the a single entity -- the government and it's monopoly on violence.

So in essence we are not all anarchists. The USA is not a minarchy or momentary. 200+ years is pretty permanent considering the average life span of a person is about 70-80 years. 
No No...
Think smaller. 

violence

i'm not afraid of anything. the bottom line is anarchy will never exist, EVER. PERIOD.

your gay cartoons don't mean anything.

if anyone should be afraid of anarchy is pacifists (non violent pepole) because without someone protecting them, they will surely be killed in short order. but at least they had the moral high ground

KBCraig

Quote from: violence on June 25, 2009, 02:22 AM NHFT
i'm not afraid of anything. the bottom line is anarchy will never exist, EVER. PERIOD.

Without being quite so crude about it, I have frequently opined that government is not preferable, but it is inevitable, and should be vigorously constrained. I don't want government, but it's probably going to exist anyway. I'd rather it be tiny, with my foot on its neck, than the other way around.

Quoteyour gay cartoons don't mean anything.

Well, that was unnecessary. From what I can tell, most of Dale's cartoons are sexually ambivalent, but they all have a valid philosophical message.

Quoteif anyone should be afraid of anarchy is pacifists (non violent pepole) because without someone protecting them, they will surely be killed in short order. but at least they had the moral high ground

I agree, they do have a higher moral ground. But, as the saying goes, "the meek shall inherit the earth, but not until the violent are done using it."

Religious pacifists enjoy a hope for karmic justice against violent aggressors. I'm not sure about areligious pacifists.

I recognize non-violence as a valuable strategy, and I even subscribe to it. But, I'm not a philosophical pacifist, because I do believe in defending myself and my loved ones against personal violence.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 23, 2009, 07:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: violence on June 23, 2009, 07:41 PM NHFT
you are a douche bag, and if we lived in anarcho-capatalism i think i would come kill you and take your stuff  :Mr. Burns:
i disagree with violence

Saw that one coming.  ;D

Russell Kanning

Quote from: violence on June 24, 2009, 06:23 PM NHFT
i don't need any necessary evil in my life .... can you take it somewhere else?

John Edward Mercier

if anyone should be afraid of anarchy is pacifists (non violent pepole) because without someone protecting them, they will surely be killed in short order. but at least they had the moral high ground
But it has...
And continual does.

Anarchy is simply individuals making decisions for themselves under their own moral/value code. It doesn't denote that moral value code... and can be violent or peaceful.
Government is simply a collective striving to impose its moral/value code on those around them.
So the anarchy exists at all times, while the governing collective takes at least two people.

thinkliberty

You are afraid of not having your security blanket (the government.)  You believe you need it to protect you.

You believe people will be killed without government, but do you know how many people have been killed with government? Or do you just ignore that part because it does not confirm your beliefs? See conformation bias: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
"confirmation bias is a tendency to search for or interpret new information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions and to irrationally avoid information and interpretations which contradict prior beliefs."

I am not afraid of anarchy and I am a pacifists (a non-violent person) because anyone that claims to protect me for my own good isn't going to do that. I am not a child are you?

Anyone trying to resist or escape your government is killed in short order, unless they pay your government protection money (taxes) to stay out of prison and they don't even have a moral high ground for what they are doing.

There are more anarchists everyday. It will happen. because as you said: We have the moral high ground.

What do you have against gay people?

violence

why are you comparing what i believe is the rightful purpose of government to the government we have of today?

you live in a fantasy world, thats the bottom line. i guess we can't go much further, what you want will never happen, and what you will get is an oligarchy worse than we have today. good luck with that

thinkliberty

Quote from: violence on June 25, 2009, 01:24 PM NHFT
why are you comparing what i believe is the rightful purpose of government to the government we have of today?

Because you believe in violence, just like the government we have today does.

violence

Quote from: thinkliberty on June 25, 2009, 01:31 PM NHFT

so do you.

thinkliberty

Quote from: violence on June 25, 2009, 01:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: thinkliberty on June 25, 2009, 01:31 PM NHFT

so do you.

No. I believe in non-violence.  That means I don't believe in violence or government.