• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Michael Jackson

Started by Kat Kanning, June 26, 2009, 06:17 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill St. Clair

When Farrah Fawcett died, god asked, "What is your greatest wish?" 

Farrah said, "Keep the children safe." 

Hours later, Michael Jackson died.

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 28, 2009, 05:58 AM NHFT
Yesterday a woman was claiming he was the king, like Elvis.  I said yeah! except for the Pervert part.

Yeah, because at least Priscilla had reached puberty (if barely) when Elvis started boinking her.

AntonLee

J’raxis 270145

I couldn't care less if the guy was a "pervert" and there was never any proof of child molestation. Judging by the Wikipedia article, those allegations sound like nothing more than a typical witch hunt, and yet another disgusting episode of the ongoing moral panic over so-called pedophilia.

But it is pretty damned disturbing how upset people get—and more broadly, how emotionally invested people get, in general—in the lives of so-called celebrities.

Free libertarian

When I was about 13 or 14 Farah Faucette was first hitting it big...I WANTED to be molested by her!  >:D

AntonLee

is it a witch hunt if he does something I find inappropriate and I decide to ostracize him?  I'm not really concerned about what others think about Michael Jackson and I could really care less who has the controls over the wikipedia article while we're at it. 

He has admitted to sleeping in bed with boys that were not his children.  I don't agree or like that behavior.  I'm open to change my mind at any time, but until I hear an argument that might do so I'll consider him good enough to be dead and wormfood.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: AntonLee on June 29, 2009, 02:13 PM NHFT
is it a witch hunt if he does something I find inappropriate and I decide to ostracize him?  I'm not really concerned about what others think about Michael Jackson and I could really care less who has the controls over the wikipedia article while we're at it. 

He has admitted to sleeping in bed with boys that were not his children.  I don't agree or like that behavior.

I was referring to the media hysteria back in 1993 as the "witch hunt." Where are you seeing these admissions by Jackson that he was "sleeping in bed with boys that were not his children"? The Wikipedia article is pretty extensive, but all I can find in there are statements about his denials, out-of-court settlements (meaning unproven allegations) and finally a not guilty verdict in 2003.

Quote from: AntonLee on June 29, 2009, 02:13 PM NHFTI'm open to change my mind at any time, but until I hear an argument that might do so I'll consider him good enough to be dead and wormfood.

Being a voluntaryist, I only really disapprove of people's behavior if it involves acts of aggression, or condemning other people for things that aren't acts of aggression. I don't concern myself with other people's weird or "perverse" sexual habits (other than to protest those who do), and I certainly don't think such habitrs would ever justify wishing death on such a person.

People having sexual relations with other people who are generally considered by society to be too young to do so falls into a difficult gray area, because even if there is the appearance of consent, some people—those who think they know better—are going to say such young person is a "child" who "can't consent." Debates about the consent issue have been had, on this forum, the FSP forum, and elsewhere. And honestly, even if it's true that certain people "can't" consent, those who concern themselves with such, and attempt to insert themselves into the situation, strike me as little different than the officious busybodies who call the cops on someone speeding by their house or smoking a joint in public. "Sorry, I can't let you do that because you're harming yourself. You might not know it, but you are. Because I say so. I know better." Right.

So, I don't know. I don't know if Jackson even committed the acts in question, and if so, I don't know if they could be classified as genuine acts of aggression, or consensual acts that are simply massively unpopular with most people. So, I really don't see the point in getting worked up and hating the guy.

KBCraig

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on June 29, 2009, 03:15 PM NHFT
...out-of-court settlements (meaning unproven allegations)...

You misspelled "meaning witness payoffs".  ;)

I also have doubts about many of the allegations, because at least some of them (IIRC, not having paid close attention even back then) seemed to have come from some parents who willingly pimped sent their children to Jackson for sleepovers and then sought compensation.

But, I cannot help but have a strong suspicion than when a man in his 40s has prepubescent children sleeping in his bed, they're not just there for story time.

AntonLee

of course, it was years ago that I watched the special interview with Michael Jackson where he admitted to sleeping with the children.   I don't plan on re-watching it.

I'm a voluntaryist too, and being one does not automatically mean that you must be happy with people's behavior that you don't see fit.  To me at least, it means you're looking to live in a voluntary society.  It does not mean that I have to forgive all murderers, rapists, thieves nor do I have to "forgive" people who prefer tea to coffee, Crash Bandicoot to Mario, and Chevy to Ford.  If I disagree with the way someone is acting, I reserve my right to disassociate with those people.

Michael Jackson would be one of those people.  I would not let my children go to his home.  I would not buy his CD's nor would I donate to his causes.  There are better things to do with my time than to pander to those who's behavior traits I do not share and individuals I would rather not be in contact with in any fashion.

Under no conditions should my statements be interpreted as not giving fair blame to the parents of the children.  Disgusting behavior to allow your children to become either pawns in your money making scheme or being so naive to this person's reputation and allow your children to be in contact with, if not sleeping with, this man.

Becky Thatcher

Well said AntonLee, I couldn't agree more.  +1

Lloyd Danforth

It turns out he died from a rare food poisoning that you get from eating 8 year old nuts.

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

Anton, I also recall seeing that interview where he talked about sleeping with the boys.  :puke:

Friday

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 30, 2009, 04:50 PM NHFT
It turns out he died from a rare food poisoning that you get from eating 8 year old nuts.
You are so going to hell.   :rofl: