• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porcupine July 17th through 25th 2010

Started by Russell Kanning, June 28, 2009, 07:51 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Quote from: Jared on June 15, 2010, 07:36 PM NHFT
is burning porcupine a *free* event, unlike lf or pfest which both suck me dry?

Porcfest sucked you dry?  It seemed like an ultra-cheap vacation to me.  This year reserve your campsite for next year at this year's PF.  The rate was obscenely low.  I think I paid maybe $70 for a week for one with electric and water.  Registration is really cheap too, especially if you do early reg.  If you bring a cooler of your own food, it should be an overall really inexpensive vacation.  I even bought a tent at Walmart the first year and the cost of that was less than a hotel room for one night and I've been reusing it ever since.

AntonLee

he does have two kids and they're a busy couple.

dalebert

Quote from: AntonLee on June 16, 2010, 10:16 AM NHFT
he does have two kids and they're a busy couple.

I think anything gets expensive when you have kids.

AntonLee

you are right though Dale, it was much less expensive of a vacation/camping than you could even get through a state park. 

Kat Kanning

Yes, live music is needed.

Burning porc is free, except donations are nice for the showers and stuff.

TackleTheWorld

Three attempts of the state to rob or kidnap people are happening near burning porc this year:  Jim in Nashua on July 15; Maybe Anton in Laconia on the 22, maybe not; And Big Mike in Nashua on the 23rd.  There may be a few outings to various courts and jails.

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on June 16, 2010, 12:17 PM NHFT
Three attempts of the state to rob or kidnap people are happening near burning porc this year:  Jim in Nashua on July 15; Maybe Anton in Laconia on the 22, maybe not; And Big Mike in Nashua on the 23rd.  There may be a few outings to various courts and jails.

My (second, Nashua Superior court now..) arraignment should be sometime between July 15th and July 30th.

Jared

Yeah, between gas, food, registration, and campsite it gets pricey. Its actually looking like I'm going to have to sell my campsite because I don't think I can afford it.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Jared on June 16, 2010, 02:36 PM NHFT
Yeah, between gas, food, registration, and campsite it gets pricey. Its actually looking like I'm going to have to sell my campsite because I don't think I can afford it.

Sounds like a financial management issue.  Do you live in an inexpensive town with low rent?  Do you have a land line phone?  Do you have cable?  Do you go to movies?  Do you eat out?  Do you drink out?  Do you pay for a paper or magazine?  Do you buy videogames?  Do you buy CD or movies?  When was the last time you tried to lower your auto insurance bill?  Do you buy new clothes for your kids?  Do you have any credit card debt?  Do you have a 2nd job?

If you don't live on a budget and save more than you make every month, I highly recommend a basic money management book like Financial Peace Revisted by Dave Ramsey.

Kat Kanning

Sound advice from the guy on the government payroll.  ::)

TackleTheWorld

Also sounds like the wrong thread.  Unless there are registration and campsite fees at burning porc now.

Jared

Quote from: Fluff and Stuff on June 16, 2010, 02:57 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jared on June 16, 2010, 02:36 PM NHFT

Sounds like a financial management issue.  Do you live in an inexpensive town with low rent?  Do you have a land line phone?  Do you have cable?  Do you go to movies?  Do you eat out?  Do you drink out?  Do you pay for a paper or magazine?  Do you buy videogames?  Do you buy CD or movies?  When was the last time you tried to lower your auto insurance bill?  Do you buy new clothes for your kids?  Do you have any credit card debt?  Do you have a 2nd job?

If you don't live on a budget and save more than you make every month, I highly recommend a basic money management book like Financial Peace Revisted by Dave Ramsey.

wow, keith. i really appreciate your fucking analyzing my finances. i have kids, i have bills, my wife and i are both in school and we don't make a lot of money. if i had to choose between porcfest and any of those other things you mentioned, i would choose porcfest. the fact is, porcfest costs more than i have to spend right now. maybe if my money wasn't being taken to pay the salaries of fucking census workers, then i would have enough to go.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on June 16, 2010, 03:43 PM NHFT
Also sounds like the wrong thread.  Unless there are registration and campsite fees at burning porc now.

Do you want me to split Jared's post and the ones relating to it (like your's and this one) into a new thread?

I think it's only a $5 donation per night for Burning Porc going by what I read here recently.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: MTPorcupine3 on June 16, 2010, 07:05 AM NHFT
Need live music? Wayne and I won't need to travel far to do our thing.
of course .... you could even plan it :)

of course Jared is right ....... porcfest is kinda expensive .... it is cheaper than hotels, but more expensive than not going on vacation.

I think Lauren is right .... some of this might be on the wrong thread. You can discuss porcfest on its thread. :)

AntonLee

I don't think Keith meant anything derogatory towards you.  What he said, to me, sounds like good advice.  Practicality is the problem for many.