• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porcupine July 17th through 25th 2010

Started by Russell Kanning, June 28, 2009, 07:51 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared

Quote from: AntonLee on June 16, 2010, 05:15 PM NHFT
I don't think Keith meant anything derogatory towards you.  What he said, to me, sounds like good advice.  Practicality is the problem for many.

and i, respectfully, disagree. i think he was being an asshole, and i find what he said pretty insulting. here i am very upset that i cannot attend porcfest, and he is trying to tell me that it must be my own fault because i must be spending my money unwisely. i don't think my spending habits are anyone's business but my own.

MaineShark

Quote from: Jared on June 16, 2010, 05:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on June 16, 2010, 05:15 PM NHFTI don't think Keith meant anything derogatory towards you.  What he said, to me, sounds like good advice.  Practicality is the problem for many.
and i, respectfully, disagree. i think he was being an asshole, and i find what he said pretty insulting. here i am very upset that i cannot attend porcfest, and he is trying to tell me that it must be my own fault because i must be spending my money unwisely. i don't think my spending habits are anyone's business but my own.

Of course it's your fault.

You should just get a job working for Federal blood money.  Then you'd be able to afford all sorts of things.

It's your own fault for having principles!

Joe

41mag

Looking forward to this since I didn't make PorcFest.

Kat Kanning

Cool :)  Or, er, I hope it isn't cool, but rather warm and not rainy.  Or, er, I mean Rainey is OK, but no precipitation.

jaqeboy

Hey, do you have a website for this year's Burning Porcupine? I'm promoting it as one of the events on the AltOrgs tour on the AltExpo site, but all I've seen is the 2008 site. I can post a link to this thread, too, in case people want more info.

I'll have tents for rent for those wanting to come up who don't have camping gear.

Russell Kanning

jaqeboy

K, using that link for the Alt Orgs tour info - see that at the Altexpo.org home page or hear more about it at the Shire Agorists meeting this coming Saturday at Liberty Books.

Russell Kanning

one of the days i have to dress up and tlit at another giant in concord

porcupine kate

Who is going to be around Tuesday and Wednesday?  We are trying to see if we can come up (if Alec isn't working) and stay over Tuesday evening.  Alec is interested in the Mt. Cardigan hike.  I may go too if it is an easy on the knees hike.

Russell Kanning

i will be around :)

mt cardigan is not that easy on the knees coming down
i go very slow and we could take it easy if you want to
make alec take your food to the top :)

added AntonLee's trip to court and funspot on thursday's agenda

porcupine kate

Alec as my Sherpa would be necessary for an enjoyable hike.  :D
Going slowly would be a huge help on my knees. 
I just can't keep up with people with good knees. 

jaqeboy

OK, I got a site going for the Alternatives Organizations tour: http://AltOrgs.com.

I've got to add a details page for Burning Porcupine. Also, I'm making mini-stops on the tour to promote it, so maybe I'll create a page for those mini-tour stops.

See you up at BP, but not sure which day yet - depends on work...

Quote from: jaqeboy on July 05, 2010, 04:18 PM NHFT
K, using that link for the Alt Orgs tour info - see that at the Altexpo.org home page or hear more about it at the Shire Agorists meeting this coming Saturday at Liberty Books.

Russell Kanning

Annie's Kitchen will be making the evening meal each night.
Let Antigone know which meals you want. I have put my order in for each night. :)
Shannon will be selling food and such on Friday and Saturday next week.

Walk For Liberty

How many people attended last year's Burning Porc?

Lloyd Danforth