• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Invasive questions by doctors

Started by Friday, July 03, 2009, 07:15 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

sandm000

I think the Dr.s ask these questions, because they don't want to get to know patients.
I had a Dr. ask me that and more.
my favorite was "Do you wear a seat belt 100% of the time?"
I responded "No."
He starts a speech about how important it is to wear a seat belt anytime you're in a car...
I interrupt and say, "Well, that's not what you asked. I'm not wearing a seat belt right now for instance."
He finishes his speech about 50,000 deaths a year, and this is the most preventable cause of death for people in my age bracket.
He didn't care what I answered, he had a canned speech for each of the options. Yes = that's good, No = that's bad, because...

Giggan

Wow, the doctors you guys see sound like dicks. My doc makes suggestions, not rules.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat McCotter on July 19, 2009, 02:20 PM NHFT
Maybe he can help fix my aneurysm so I can go back to work.

Hi Pat!  :)   Did you ever hear of this stuff called Heart and Body Extract?  It has cayenne pepper and other ingredients that are supposed to dissolve clog arteries and aneurysms too, I think.  If you google it, you'll find it.   Let me know what you think of it, if you decide to google it.  :D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: mackler on July 19, 2009, 01:50 PM NHFT
What is she complaining about?  If you choose to to the man for your drugs then you can expect a nosy, invasive bureaucracy.  Does this surprise some of you?  If you really feel the need to put chemicals into your body, why don't you at least be agorist about it and help the counter-economic market by getting your fix from someone who operates independently and will pay more attention to your needs than to government filing requirements?

My doctor is an ND, not an MD.  Not only does he do a better job helping me be healthy than any MD I've ever seen, but the only thing we ever talk about is my health (which ironically is what MDs claim they're interested in, though your MD is about as likely to cure your health as the government is to cure inflation).  He's never asked me to fill out any forms, I've never told him where I live or anything, and he charges me in cash for each visit.  I doubt than anyone but he and I know that I'm his patient.  (And he's a hell of a lot less expensive than your lab-coat wearing, AMA-approved scam artists who masquerade as health professionals.)

As far as I'm concerned, and with limited exception, people who voluntarily subject themselves to the medical-industrial complex ask for and get just what they deserve.

I went to an ND too and it cost me lots of $$.   I couldn't afford it anymore, if you can or want to, I'd love for you to tell me who you go to.  I do totally agree that I wasn't asked any invasive questions by the ND but I do think it's unfair to say people get what they deserve when they go to the doctors, especially if they can't afford an ND or if their insurance won't cover it.

Some NDs like to push "their" crappy elixirs off on their patients too so all are not equal.  The ND I was seeing wrote out a vitamin/mineral/ Bach flower  regimen for me that ended up costing way too much and then he told me after I complained about the price of the stuff, (which most of it was "his brand"), that I really could "skip" a few of them to save money.  Does that mean he selectively pushes his stuff off on people that have more money, that's not right in my opinion.  Maybe you have a better ND.  :dontknow:   I think that there are scam artists all over the place no matter where you go.

In my opinion more people just need to refuse to answer the stupid questions and more doctors need to stand up against these idiotic policies put forth via the government or AMA, (basically the same thing anyway).

Pat McCotter

Quote from: raineyrocks on July 20, 2009, 08:18 PM NHFT

Hi Pat!  :)   Did you ever hear of this stuff called Heart and Body Extract?  It has cayenne pepper and other ingredients that are supposed to dissolve clog arteries and aneurysms too, I think.  If you google it, you'll find it.   Let me know what you think of it, if you decide to google it.  :D

We've been down this road before, rainey. An aneurysm is not a clot or anything that can be dissolved. It is not a restriction of the artery. It is a weakening of the artery wall that causes the artery to bubble out and, in many cases, burst so it then becomes a hemorrhage.

Tom Sawyer

Pat McCotter

Tom Sawyer

;D
It's always great to be able to make light of faulty brain plumbing. :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat McCotter on July 21, 2009, 01:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on July 20, 2009, 08:18 PM NHFT

We've been down this road before, rainey. An aneurysm is not a clot or anything that can be dissolved. It is not a restriction of the artery. It is a weakening of the artery wall that causes the artery to bubble out and, in many cases, burst so it then becomes a hemorrhage.

Actually, I remember now, sorry Pat.  :)

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat McCotter on July 21, 2009, 12:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 21, 2009, 08:48 AM NHFT

I'm just sayin'   >:D

I had to clean the computer screen, Tom!!!!

I searched for, but could not find, a video clip of the "Inflate the autopilot!" scene from Airplane;D

Pat K

Pat McCotter

Fix-a-Flat - internal to the artery fix.

• "Small" hole in femoral artery.
  • One day in the hospital
Mighty Putty - external to the artery fix.

• Largish hole in head. (Already there from previous surgery but still major surgery.)
  • Need to stop the heart while doing this.
  • Recovery - few days in hospital.

rmodel65

the correct answer is umm im wearing it doc :P

or do you need some new glasses its being Openly Carried as we speak

Friday

Quote from: KBCraig on July 22, 2009, 01:56 AM NHFT
I searched for, but could not find, a video clip of the "Inflate the autopilot!" scene from Airplane;D