• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Invasive questions by doctors

Started by Friday, July 03, 2009, 07:15 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared

I talk to my doc about guns all the time. He's really into hunting.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jared on September 17, 2009, 11:54 AM NHFT
I talk to my doc about guns all the time. He's really into hunting.

Awesome!  Usually it's the nurse that brings you to the examination room that asks the invasive questions, at least in my experiences.

Jared

I've had my doc forever, and he's great. Only problem is he's in maine (york, about 10 mins from portsmouth). I would highly recommend him to anyone here. He saved my mother's life by helping to detect a brain tumor early.

tomhawk

if this doctor made house calls,  i could understand the question about the gun.  but,  what doctor makes housecalls?  officers make housecalls. :fryingpan:

Raineyrocks

When my latest grandson was born Oct. 5th,  he was a month and a half early so he's a preemie.

We were all visiting my son's girlfriend, (Frannie), in the hospital and two social workers walked in to introduce themselves to Frannie.  It was funny, everyone turned around and looked at me like, oh crap, she's going to run her mouth because I can't stand the social service system.   I think most of them are a bunch of baby/kid snatchers and thier 'system' royally sucks.

I approached Frannie's side after asking her if it was okay so I could hear what they were saying to her and that was cool with her because she appreciates my input. 

So, I asked them why they were there and if this was the normal protocol of the hospital.  They said, yes it was.   I asked if they ask a million questions that are none of their business and they asked me to specify.   I went on about the questions like, how many people live in the home, their names, are there guns, etc. and they said, yes they ask those questions. 

I let them know how I feel about those questions and I asked them why they have to know everyone's name that live in a household.  They told me it was because if they suspect child abuse they have a better idea of who is a suspect.  They started acting very nervous, oh gosh, they are the ones getting asked the questions now, what a shocker!   They told Frannie that they would be back to talk to her later after Frannie repeatedly told them she didn't mind if they talk to her in front of everyone.

I also told them that I would understand the purpose of their visit if it was to help give Frannie information about taking care of a preemie when he comes home, but otherwise I said their visit was nonsense and intrusive.  I guess they didn't like me.  :P

PattyLee loves dogs

There is a lot of data required of us to document on patients in home heath care regardless if they are paying by insurance or medicare. Medicare forces that what is collected for medicare, also be collected for private pay patients, under Certificate of Participation (COP) and is collected electronically. I hate this stuff so much that I have given notice. I am quitting with some other options available, however when you work in these systems you get it one way or another due to the regs and how regs are interpreted by who you work for. Nevertheless, working in heathcare forces you into these kind of dilemmas a lot, more to come with Obama care. Too much electronic data collection interferes with patient care and patient privacy. HIPPA is not private from government. I want to be richer and break these chains...

Ogre

Indeed, just wait how much "better" it gets this Thursday when Obamacare passes.

I volunteer to be first in line for a jailin' for refusing to buy state-mandated insurance.

Pat McCotter

I had VNA coming in for 30 minutes PT three days per week in Sept. The third week she brings in a brand new laptop with her. My sessions then became 5 minutes PT and 25 minutes answering her questions to enter in the computer. Goodbye!

The speech therapist refused the computer and went on her way - per diem contractor.

Raineyrocks

I went for lab work yesterday, I order my own through healthcheckusa.com, we don't have insurance and they are the cheapest lab tests I can find.   Anyway, the lady asked me for my drivers license so I told her I didn't have one and asked her why she was asking for it.   She told me alot of people come in to get labwork done in someone elses name so I asked her why in the world someone would do that and she didn't answer.  ::)

Why would someone get labwork for someone else?  Wouldn't they want to know their own results?   It's not like I was being drug tested so why would she even ask for my Id?  :dontknow:

KBCraig

Quote from: raineyrocks on April 11, 2370, 04:40 AM NHFT
Why would someone get labwork for someone else?

Drug tests, mostly. Sometimes insurance fraud, if they're checking for pre-existing conditions (PSA, etc.)

Ogre

I'm just sure the woman wouldn't lie to you...

But more importantly, you don't have health insurance? That's a jailin' round here.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on January 10, 2010, 11:57 AM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on April 11, 2370, 04:40 AM NHFT
Why would someone get labwork for someone else?

Drug tests, mostly. Sometimes insurance fraud, if they're checking for pre-existing conditions (PSA, etc.)

Oh yeah, I didn't think of that.  :-\

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Ogre on January 10, 2010, 11:58 AM NHFT
I'm just sure the woman wouldn't lie to you...

But more importantly, you don't have health insurance? That's a jailin' round here.

Really, why?

KBCraig

Quote from: raineyrocks on January 10, 2010, 12:04 PM NHFT

Really, why?

Because insurance is mandatory in Mass. You buy it, or they take your money and/or put you in jail.

Get used to it. The same system is coming to the entire U.S. if Obama gets his way.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on January 10, 2010, 12:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on January 10, 2010, 12:04 PM NHFT

Really, why?

Because insurance is mandatory in Mass. You buy it, or they take your money and/or put you in jail.

Get used to it. The same system is coming to the entire U.S. if Obama gets his way.

Oh, okay, thanks.  I knew about it being mandatory in Mass. but I don't live there.    Yeah, I know what a load of crap, watch Obama get his way.  >:(