• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insurance and Registration

Started by Jennatarium, September 21, 2005, 11:10 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on September 27, 2005, 07:06 PM NHFT
Quote from: patmccotter on September 27, 2005, 06:23 PM NHFT
That's almost my exact requirements for a vehicle:

"It has to get me from point A to point B safely and efficiently." 8)

Point A and B exchange themselves every time I get in the car.

Same here, but also I don't buy anything I can't pay for, and I won't buy a car designed by Hitler.? Other than that, I don't care.

I recycled this car as I have done with every car I've bought. My money is not supporting Hitler. My current car was $1000 and I can do the maintenance on it so only the parts people make money on it with me - and no, I don't get the parts through the dealer. And once I get the money saved to get the replacement parts for the veg oil system, the oil companies won't be getting my money either.

Dreepa

So I am on the DMV site for NH... It sucks.  It took me about 30 links to find out where I need to go etc to register my cars.

Pat McCotter

Hmmm...some of us have to step away from the computer and look at that little thing we keep putting to our ear. Find the number for town/city hall. Call that number and ask "Hi, we've just moved into town and would like to know how to..."

(Sorry. I didn't grow up with computers. :) )

Dreepa

except I don't have a phone book  : )

Of course now I can't find the titles to my cars... they are in a box somewhere....

Pat McCotter

Don't you love the new style? It's called "Moving In!"

Hey, at least it's in NH, right?

Welcome to NH!

Pat McCotter

Also, the phone book of the computer:

http://yp.yahoo.com

Enter "Hopkinton, NH" for City & State.

Enter "town clerk" for search term

(See, I can do the computer thing, also.  ;D )

(Going to Town Hall and getting to know the Town Clerk will also be a big help. ;) )

Jennatarium

Oh, I didn't know he donated to Hitler. That is a bit of info I like. I'm not to fond of Ford anyways.
Quote from: calibaba77 on September 27, 2005, 07:12 PM NHFT
No car designed by Hitler, eh?

How about a car designed by Ford, who donated money to Hitler?

Caleb

Jennatarium

I called town hall and they said there is no way they can tell me the fees because it depends on what month I come to register. I'll probably be up there in a month anyways, I can't stand NY. Every time I turn around, there's another bill collector and I am working so much to get these debts paid off before I move. I think NY is especially funny because my insurance is absolutely needed to have a car, a car is absolutley needed to get to work to pay the insurance bill. When my insurance company "mis placed" my check and cancelled my insurance, they now re-instated it and sent me a bill for $935.91. I guess they don't trust that I will be sending their money and they want the premium....it's funny that the rest of my bill only equals out to be about $850 though. Where does that extra money go? God bless America! I can't wait until I get out of NY (will someone adopt me, please? I only have 3 months until I am 21....lol)

cathleeninnh

Vehicle registrations are paid during your birth month. If you get here in October and your birthday is in April, you will only pay for a half year of registration. In April you will then pay for a full year and every April thereafter.

Eli

Quote from: patmccotter on September 27, 2005, 09:17 PM NHFT
Hmmm...some of us have to step away from the computer and look at that little thing we keep putting to our ear. Find the number for town/city hall. Call that number and ask "Hi, we've just moved into town and would like to know how to..."

(Sorry. I didn't grow up with computers. :) )

This must be a local thing.  In MD calling any public official is the only guaranteed way to get incorrect info.  If you actually get a person on the phone.  Some folk just ain't acclimated to the personal service and downright smallness of NH government.
Cut the man some slack, I imagine the culture shock is just begining.

cathleeninnh

There definately is a culture shock. One we got over very quickly because it is so darn relieving. When you just tourist here all that really seeps into your consciousness is how quaint it is. But when you step across the border as a resident and look around, the differences abound. People are real and mostly relaxed. Small and home based businesses galore. Virtually no artificiallity and uniformity that is so prevalent many places. We gladly left it behind.

Cathleen

tracysaboe

Quote from: Jennatarium on September 29, 2005, 04:21 AM NHFT
Oh, I didn't know he donated to Hitler. That is a bit of info I like. I'm not to fond of Ford anyways.
Quote from: calibaba77 on September 27, 2005, 07:12 PM NHFT
No car designed by Hitler, eh?

How about a car designed by Ford, who donated money to Hitler?

Caleb

It was the Ford Foundation. A Non-Profit. Originally affiliated with Henry Ford, but I'm unsure how close he was to the organization at the time.

Tracy

tracysaboe

Are there a lot of regulations on car insurence companies, even though it's not mandatory for drivers?

Seems to me NH should be one of the freest markets in the production of car insurence.

Tracy

tracysaboe

Quote from: tracysaboe on October 01, 2005, 08:12 AM NHFT
Are there a lot of regulations on car insurence companies, even though it's not mandatory for drivers?

Seems to me NH should be one of the freest markets in the production of car insurence.

Tracy

Anybody know?

Tracy

GT

Quote from: tracysaboe on October 10, 2005, 09:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: tracysaboe on October 01, 2005, 08:12 AM NHFT

Tracy

Anybody know?

Tracy

When I moved back in '96 I called my insurance company and gave them the new NH information. My car insurance went down. My motorcyle insurance went up, way up. I recall almost three times what I was paying in MA. When I called the insurance company they said some thing about companies in NH not being regulated like they were in MA and that their motorcycle rates wer "not very competitive"

I canceled the insurance and called a couple other places they had much better rates. They were also lower than my original MA policy.