• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gold: $470.60/oz

Started by Michael Fisher, September 21, 2005, 01:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

It's been my belief for the past few years that eventually the Federal government will implode and states or groups of states will secede.

I hope it's peacefull. And I hope it comes sooner then later.

Tracy

AlanM

Quote from: tracysaboe on October 17, 2005, 06:34 PM NHFT
It's been my belief for the past few years that eventually the Federal government will implode and states or groups of states will secede.

I hope it's peacefull. And I hope it comes sooner then later.

Tracy

Tracy, I agree. But things will get worse before they get better, unfortunately.

tracysaboe

Michael Fisher

Think of worsening economic conditions in a positive light instead.

The faster and sooner the correction, the less painful it will be.  The longer it drags out, with the government kicking and screaming while trying to stop it from happening, the worse it will be.

Dreepa

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on October 26, 2005, 09:53 PM NHFT

The faster and sooner the correction, the less painful it will be.? The longer it drags out, with the government kicking and screaming while trying to stop it from happening, the worse it will be.
except that remember the last long correction ( Great Depression)... we got all sorts of new Govt programs that never went away.
TVA, SS, etc etc etc

AlanM

Quote from: Dreepa on October 27, 2005, 07:56 AM NHFT
Quote from: LeRuineur6 on October 26, 2005, 09:53 PM NHFT

The faster and sooner the correction, the less painful it will be.? The longer it drags out, with the government kicking and screaming while trying to stop it from happening, the worse it will be.
except that remember the last long correction ( Great Depression)... we got all sorts of new Govt programs that never went away.
TVA, SS, etc etc etc

Because people allowed them. Also, before the depression started, the Gov didn't have much debt. Can you imagine them paying the National Debt interest while still increasing spending as revenues from taxation plummet? If they don't pay interest on the National Debt, the world economic system will collapse, since it highly values, at present, US debt instruments. The US economic situation is lacking in alternatives. We must be ready for action when this happens.

Eli

"Because people allowed them..."

Bread and Circuses, Alan.  Half of everyone will always vote for them.  That's why a lot of libertarians aren't democrats.  Democracy often becomes tyrrany of the dumber half.

AlanM

Quote from: Eli on October 27, 2005, 08:19 AM NHFT

Bread and Circuses, Alan.? Half of everyone will always vote for them.? That's why a lot of libertarians aren't democrats.? Democracy often becomes tyrrany of the dumber half.

Too true.  :'(

Dreepa

Quote from: tracysaboe on October 16, 2005, 01:17 AM NHFT

Do you have any information on this? What exactly IS a 72 hour kit? And where do you store food? The only place I store food for a year is in my deep freeze -- and that requires electricity.

Tracy
A 72 hour kit is the things that you would need to live for 72 hours.  It should be in a backpack orsomething that you could carry if you had to.  We have food for 4 days for 4 people, blankets, change of clothes, candles, matches, flashlight, first aid kit etc.
My wife is going to be helping people prepare them for her church.  I can pass on any pamphlets etc.

Think of all the people in LA and FLA  who could have used these kits.  They are easy to make.  Also in NH there may be some days when you can get to the store because of snow etc.   I was always amazed that people in CA didn't have this kits... EARTHQUAKES happen.

Mormons also thing people should have longterm storage of food.  Not a bad idea... but don't forget to rotate your stock.

Lloyd Danforth

Bread and Circuses, Alan.? Half of everyone will always vote for them.? That's why a lot of libertarians aren't democrats.? Democracy often becomes tyrrany of the dumber half.

Often?

AlanM

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 27, 2005, 10:06 AM NHFT

Often?

Point taken, Lloyd.  ;)

Lloyd Danforth

For years, I have thumbed ?my nose at the french (Oh No!) product: Parmalat, you know, milk that lives on the shelf 'till you open it.
A friend put it in my coffee a month or so ago and the coffee tasted just fine. ?I have not tried it with cookies yet, as I don't drink much milk straight these days, but, it would make a good addition to food storage without refridgeration, and, when you need some milk and don't just don't feel like going to the store.

Dreepa

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 27, 2005, 10:14 AM NHFT
For years, I have thumbed ?my nose at the french (Oh No!) product: Parmalat, you know, milk that lives on the shelf 'till you open it.
A friend put it in my coffee a month or so ago and the coffee tasted just fine. ?I have not tried it with cookies yet, as I don't drink much milk straight these days, but, it would make a good addition to food storage without refridgeration, and, when you need some milk and don't just don't feel like going to the store.
Yeah when I lived in Russia we used to drink a German version of it.  Because the Russia milk was pretty nasty.
We have some in our house.

Eli

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 27, 2005, 10:06 AM NHFT

Often?

I'm agnostic on everything.  I hold out the possibility that it might not work that way. Somehwere. Somewhen.

Kat Kanning

We'll find a new way of living...we'll find a new way of forgiving....