• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gold: $470.60/oz

Started by Michael Fisher, September 21, 2005, 01:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Russell Kanning

Michael Fisher

Uhhh... guys.  Don't look now.

The sky is falling. :o

Michael Fisher

Au:  $518.10
Ag:  $8.81

2001:

2002:

2003:

2004:

2005:

Hmmm... no observable trend here.   ::)

Except that the US dollar has devalued by 52% since 2001.   :o

Michael Fisher

Quote from: The Baron on December 07, 2005, 10:49 PM NHFT
And yet exchange rates have pretty much stayed the same.

Because the US dollar is the world's reserve currency.? US dollar currency fluctuations affect everyone who allows the US dollar within their borders, which is every country.

Once every country stops accepting US dollars as "money", their economies will be much stronger.

Michael Fisher

This is the only country that could ever get away with this complete scam.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: The Baron on December 07, 2005, 10:55 PM NHFT
So, what year will China pwn us?

China already 0wns us.  We just haven't realized it yet.

AlanM

Quote from: The Baron on December 07, 2005, 10:55 PM NHFT
So, what year will China pwn us?

When they are prepared to invade Taiwan. They hold all the chips.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: The Baron on December 07, 2005, 11:00 PM NHFT
I bet 75% the things in this room are made or have parts that are made there.

How many Administrative Assistants can this country support?

Name anyone you know who creates any products of value at an affordable price.

Almost everyone I know is in the service industry, or actually provides a service.

Even all the employees and contractors I know at Timberland create nothing.  92% of Timberland products are made by independent manufacturers in China.  The other 8% are made in the Dominican Republic.

I think some food and novelty products are still made in the US.  Useless crap like promotional items.  Everything else we make is unaffordable or complete garbage.

Michael Fisher

What would you say... we DO here?  ???

;D

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on December 07, 2005, 11:04 PM NHFT

Almost everyone I know is in the service industry, or actually provides a service.

Even all the employees and contractors I know at Timberland create nothing.? 92% of Timberland products are made by independent manufacturers in China.? The other 8% are made in the Dominican Republic.

I think some food and novelty products are still made in the US.? Useless crap like promotional items.? Everything else we make is unaffordable or complete garbage.

They make Honda Civics in America, although, mine was made north of the border. ?They also made water in America, I like water.

Plus, they make sheep in America, but you trying to ruin that. ?Sure, one of the few things make in America, and you are trying to end it.

Thanks a lot ;D

AlanM

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on December 07, 2005, 11:04 PM NHFT

Even all the employees and contractors I know at Timberland create nothing.? 92% of Timberland products are made by independent manufacturers in China.? The other 8% are made in the Dominican Republic.

I think some food and novelty products are still made in the US.? Useless crap like promotional items.? Everything else we make is unaffordable or complete garbage.

You exaggerate a bit Mike, but the trend is in that direction. Lumber, automobiles, trucks, mining equipment, airplanes, semi-conductor chips, among other things, are still manufactured here.

AlanM

Quote from: The Baron on December 07, 2005, 11:08 PM NHFT
Even my underwear is Made in Canada.

Mine is made by Ian.  ;D
Fruit of The Loom

Michael Fisher

Quote from: AlanM on December 07, 2005, 11:09 PM NHFT
You exaggerate a bit Mike, but the trend is in that direction. Lumber, automobiles, trucks, mining equipment, airplanes, semi-conductor chips, among other things, are still manufactured here.

Lumber is expensive.
American automobiles are the laughing stock of the world, and rightly so.
Mining equipment and airplanes?  Who can afford that?  Wealthy businessmen, perhaps.
Semi-conductor chips?  Maybe a few companies still make them here, but they're learning their lessons and outsourcing rapidly.

I'm not exaggerating, Alan.

Out of all the equipment and supplies in my office, the only things made in America are...  myself, the phonebook... ummm... some stickers, some software, two Intel processors, 3 lightbulbs, some candy... umm... some homemade signs, a small shelf I created, a fire extinguisher, maybe one old chair.... some books, batteries, and various household cleaning chemicals.

That is a very tiny fraction of the value of everything in the room.   :o

Michael Fisher