• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gold: $470.60/oz

Started by Michael Fisher, September 21, 2005, 01:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 13, 2005, 07:40 AM NHFT
Ohh! These silver coins are almost worth what I paid for them!

If they're $10 Liberty Dollars, you can take them to an RCO and trade them in for $20 Liberty Dollars (with a small reminting fee, I think it's $2 FRN until the end of January).

In other words, if you have a one-ounce Silver Liberty marked as $10, you give it and two $ in Federal Reserve Notes to an RCO, and he'll give you a one-ounce Silver Liberty marked as $20.

I'm not an RCO, but I'd be willing to do that myself, once I've done mine. New Hampshire has an RCO North East of Concord (you can look it up...)

cathleeninnh

That's a pain in the u-no-what. Why can't it say "1 oz silver- whatever that is worth to ya"?

Cathleen

Gabo

Quote from: cathleeninnh on December 14, 2005, 08:40 AM NHFT
That's a pain in the u-no-what. Why can't it say "1 oz silver- whatever that is worth to ya"?
Because the sheeple can't understand a commodity based currency.
They only understand the numbers printed on it.

cathleeninnh

The sheeple will never trade in Liberty dollars. At most, some will collect out of curiosity. I think anyone who sees a benefit to trading with them could easily get used to thinking in ounces or grams or whatever.

Cathleen

Dreepa

There is a guy who comes to the MVP meetings.

I am looking into getting 1 oz of silver.  I am going to trade them for whatever the cost of silver is plus the minting fee.

It will probably say 'KEEP NH FREE' or something like that.
I will probably order them in Jan/Feb.  I won't make any money on them unless I sell about 500 ozs.
Look here for details!

Russell Kanning

8)
I like to use silver ounces

KBCraig

Quote from: rhelwig on December 14, 2005, 06:57 AM NHFT
In other words, if you have a one-ounce Silver Liberty marked as $10, you give it and two $ in Federal Reserve Notes to an RCO, and he'll give you a one-ounce Silver Liberty marked as $20.

If I take a FRN marked $1, and write $20 on it with a sharpie, how many LDs will he give me?

>:D

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: KBCraig on December 14, 2005, 02:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: rhelwig on December 14, 2005, 06:57 AM NHFT

If I take a FRN marked $1, and write $20 on it with a sharpie, how many LDs will he give me?

>:D

;D

Gabo

I really wish Bernard would start minting LDs with no $ amount on them.

They wouldn't have to change the current system, just implement an additional one that functions entirely on value of silver, rather than pegging it to the price of FRNs.

Pat McCotter

And he should mint fractional coins, also. 1/2, 1/4, 1/10 and 1/20 ounce.

mvpel

How do you balance your till at the end of the day?

Anyone else here remember "wooden nickels" or "green stamps?" Little promotional pieces accepted by a group of cooperating local merchants as a form of discount?

Why not look at the Liberty Dollars as just that sort of device, a way to keep money circulating in the local economy among local businesses instead of being shipped off to Toronto Dominion bank, with the added benefit of intrinsic value that wooden nickels or green stamps never had?

The idea is to provide an easy, simple way to get silver into circulation, and if you have to look up the "spot" price, which is the per-ounce price of a 500 ounce ingot in New York and which has only peripheral relationship to the value of the minted silver piece on your hand, then that defeats the purpose of easy, simple introduction to circulation.

Gabo

Quote from: The Baron on December 15, 2005, 12:15 PM NHFTThen how are you going to scam people into accepting them?
How is it a scam?

I trade my goods for their goods.
It is a voluntary, mutual exchange.

Ron Helwig

I have a couple 1/2 ounce (denominated as $5) Silver Liberties. Also have a couple 1/20th ounce Silver Liberties marked as $1 (because it's not economically possible to coin 1/10th ounce as if it were $1).

Why were pennies made of copper originally? Because the cost of coining prohibited making them out of silver (even as an alloy to make the size useable).

Bernard and Norfed might want to look into minting copper liberties.

Also, for those who don't want their money denominated in dollars, you can get the https://www.phoenixdollar.com/ .