• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gold: $470.60/oz

Started by Michael Fisher, September 21, 2005, 01:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Dreepa

Quote from: rhelwig on December 15, 2005, 06:41 PM NHFT
Also, for those who don't want their money denominated in dollars, you can get the https://www.phoenixdollar.com/ .

I am working on get porc dollars. ;D

Gabo

Quote from: rhelwig on December 15, 2005, 06:41 PM NHFTAlso, for those who don't want their money denominated in dollars, you can get the https://www.phoenixdollar.com/ .
I don't like Phoenix Dollars for a couple reasons.

One, they have a hotline to call that only checks the SPOT price of silver, and that is considered the current value.
This means if you want to exchange recently purchased silver rounds, you are going to lose out due to the minting fee you paid.

Second, the rounds STILL have a denomination on them.  When people see "10 Phoenix Dollars" they are going to think that's $10.
Convincing them that it is worth more than $10 will be difficult.

Third, a transaction fee of 1% is charged with every use.  Thank you, but I get enough taxes from the government already.

Fourth, I can't for the life of me figure out how to purchase the damn rounds, and they dont even have a picture of the obverse and reverse large enough to see the coin in detail.  The only thing I could find a place to purchase was the bullion bars.

Russell Kanning

So let the rest of us enjoy them ..... you don't need to use them with us.

Dreepa

Quote from: Gabo on December 17, 2005, 12:47 PM NHFT
I don't like Phoenix Dollars for a couple reasons.
I am not going to be exchanging them as $10  I am going to say here is an ounce of silver.  Do you want it?  It will sell at the going rate.
Nothing to do with the company at all.  Still working out some of the logistics on this. 

Gabo

Quote from: Dreepa on December 18, 2005, 11:16 AM NHFTI am not going to be exchanging them as $10  I am going to say here is an ounce of silver.
I don't understand why they would make a currency that is supposed to go by its weight in silver, but then mark it saying "10 Phoenix Dollars".

Dreepa

Well the good news is that it will say 1oz silver on the rounds I am trying to get.
Also

KEEP
   NEW HAMPSHIRE
            FREE

tracysaboe

Quote from: AlanM on November 27, 2005, 03:59 PM NHFT
The pressure put on the system by the retiring baby boomers will most likely tip the scales against the economy, causing it to implode. Or perhaps China will decide to stop buying treasury notes. Who will pick up the slack?

Eventually Mid East country's will stop selling their oil for dollars too. In fact Saddam was planning on selling his oil for Euro's before we invaded him. It's another bit foot that will hit our economy eventually.

Kat Kanning

Cool!  I got an old dollar bill, and thought it looked funny.  It's a silver certificate, "One dollar in silver payable to the bearer on demand."   :D

Pat McCotter

Better take that to the bank and demand your silver!

Lloyd Danforth

I have one from the 1930's that does not have 'In God We Trust' on it.  Probably because of the silver backing it.

Kat Kanning

Ron Helwig

Kat Kanning

Gold 528
Silver 9.01

Russell Kanning