• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Plymouth State Death Penalty Forum Oct 4

Started by Gard, September 21, 2005, 04:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Gard

Hello, everyone...

I just received a very nice invitation from a member of the Plymouth State University Criminal Justice program to speak as part of a forum on the Death Penalty, October 4th. Apparently, they're going to mix discussions, speakers, and photo exhibits of death row inmates (no mention of whether the murder victims will be shown as well, but that's a different matter). A bunch of authors will be there, as well as State Supreme Court Justice Bachelder, so there will be a wide gamut of ideas presented.

The member of the staff asked me if I would offer my POV on the DP, which is more of an anarchist perspective. I'll be asking those who oppose the DP to consider their position on armed police forces sanctioned by the state to use deadly force. I think it will be a pretty interesting day.

I'll be getting more details from the people organizing the event, and I will post them for those who might be interested in getting in on the conversation at the forum. If you can make it up, feel free to bring plenty of intellectual ammunition! I'd love to stir things up a bit there!

Take care!

Gard
:-*