• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Thank You Burning Porcupine Producers!

Started by Peacemaker, July 07, 2009, 11:09 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Peacemaker

Burning Porc is not over yet but I wanted to say thanks to all those who helped produce Burning Porc!  Great time, GREAT people and a beautiful place to be.

And thanks to all those who participated in my Dept. of Homeland Security visits Burning Porcupine Video.  It should be out any day now on
www.motorhomediaries.com

dalebert

I had a great time and you've presented a great moment for me to make a suggestion. If you enjoyed BP, and particularly if you camped there, make a donation to the Russell's. I made a small contribution but it was really just for food that Kat was making. There are other things like renting the porta-potties, putting up tents, and fixing up the house that we all made use of while we were there. So I'm going to make another contribution toward the campground. Just think of what you spent for a site at Porcfest to get a comparison and keep in mind that these are our people.

dalebert

Quote from: Peacemaker on July 07, 2009, 11:09 AM NHFT
And thanks to all those who participated in my Dept. of Homeland Security visits Burning Porcupine Video.  It should be out any day now on
www.motorhomediaries.com

Hurry and get that up because I want to make it the featured video on my YouTube channel. If you visit that, remember to hit the "subscribe" button.  ;D

K. Darien Freeheart

I'm looking over pictures and am rather sad I wasn't there. :(

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on July 07, 2009, 11:35 AM NHFT
I had a great time and you've presented a great moment for me to make a suggestion. If you enjoyed BP, and particularly if you camped there, make a donation to the Russell's. I made a small contribution but it was really just for food that Kat was making. There are other things like renting the porta-potties, putting up tents, and fixing up the house that we all made use of while we were there. So I'm going to make another contribution toward the campground. Just think of what you spent for a site at Porcfest to get a comparison and keep in mind that these are our people.
Bob provided the land and the portable toilets and the shower from last year.
Donations of food and money ended up covering the shared meals by the end.
Anon. donations ended up basically covering expenses for the Hoyt residents.

If people donate around $5/day next year, then we cover direct costs and can slowly add features.

We have a few guys staying afterwards right now. Any of our friends, and their friends are welcome to camp anytime until the leaves are gone. I guess the season will end with the Grafton Apple Festival.

The slipnslide was $10/slide, so we will be billing hr keith n stuph, and the other children $1000's ;)

The event was fun ... and if it ever stops raining we can have more fun.

Friday

Thank you to Silent Bob, the residents of Hoyt Farm, and those who assisted in putting together BP, for a great time!  Special thanks to Kat for hanging out in a swamp to catch live frogs for the jumping frog competition!   :kermit:

I accidentally absconded with someone's knife on my cookie sheet; I'll bring it back the next time I make it to G-town.

Kat Kanning

I had fun catching frogs  :D  Glad you came!!

cathleeninnh

Kat Kanning

Haven't seen it.  Will keep an eye out.

Giggan

Kat Kanning

Quote from: cathleeninnh on July 08, 2009, 01:35 PM NHFT
Did anyone find my Nascar cap?

Hat:  found by John.  Will transport to you when we paint next.

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

cathleeninnh

You know, I still have Russell's hat. How about hat for cap?

FYI, Sherwin Williams gave us a story about damaged in shipping and a reorder. Will let you know.

Cathleen

dalebert

You know, just today I was thinking of a lost and found thread that people could check when they're missing something after an event. I think I'll start one.