• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Don't associate with Ryan Marvin.

Started by Mellamo, July 08, 2009, 06:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Toadstool

DANG. 

bad situation all around. 
You guys seem pretty nice and all.  I hope Ryans takes your chance and does the right thing.  paying off a debt is easy too. the toilet needs cleaning yanameen...

Peace fellas.

supperman15

Even I am coming out of the cave and onto the forum for this one...

All of the victims in this are reasonable people. And from everything I know if he CHOOSES to do the right thing the gorilla war on his character will end.  That part of it.

Confessing doesn't cost him anything, so why hasn't this step been taken yet.  Ryan Marvin knows he has done something wrong and has even admitted that much in personal emails, but the victim are requiring a public confession as part of restitution.

The following is a post that I placed on his wall, and I also copied it as a note on my FB page.  Just so everyone is clear.

"Ryan-
You should be very glad that the people you stole from are freedom minded and are not pressing formal charges.  They have actual proof and are well within their rights to do so. 
If you have any intention of living up to the values you expound you will publicly admit to what you have done, provide some motive for your actions and begin to pay restitution in any way you can.   

Until such time as wrong parties have been made whole I wish to have nothing more to do with you."   

J’raxis 270145

On the FSP board Matthew H. just posted that he deleted his Facebook account.

AntonLee

Toadstool

well sometimes getting robbed 1200 is the price to pay to save 12000.
I guess you know trusting him is not a good thang

supperman15

Quote from: Toadstool on July 09, 2009, 08:17 PM NHFT
well sometimes getting robbed 1200 is the price to pay to save 12000.

What does that even mean.  It seems like the only thing saving anyone money is the outing of his shady character.

Friday

Quote from: sandm000 on July 09, 2009, 08:50 AM NHFT
I've had the idea bumping around for a while that what we need is due dilligence at a single click. A website for Reputation. You could read positive reviews, negative reviews, look at a rep score and a picture of the individual. I'm willing to put some cash up for this one, I just need some help on the programming side (Perl? Asp?) I got no idea how to implement this, but I have a good idea of what to do.
You don't necessarily have to program this sort of thing from scratch. For example, Dzoic sells social networking software with rating functionality for just a few hundred dollars. I've thought about this myself, but wondered if our community is of a large enough size to make it worthwhile at this point.  A lot of "gossip" (which is basically the same thing as communication of social reputation) still gets communicated verbally.  So I don't know if it's worth it to exert the effort...  But if someone does choose to move forward with it, I would also make a financial contribution.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on July 09, 2009, 12:46 PM NHFT
Does Ryan have Jim Perry's contact info?
maybe they share a place down in boston

Russell Kanning

i deal with people i trust ... that has worked out great for me so far in the Shire
if you guys whip up some kind of software solution .... i will help give it good info

John

41mag

John

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: 41mag on July 09, 2009, 11:41 PM NHFT
Was the thread deleted?

It is in the FSP Participant section of the FSP Forum.  If you are a FSP Participant and never asked an admin for access to that section of the forum, you can still do that.

Anyway, I looked for Ryan's FB profile and I can confirm that I couldn't find it.  So someone deleted it.

John

That would be Project not the Party.
The FSParty has no secrets!