• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sam jumped by Keene Monkey, others threatened with arrest Wednesday

Started by Peacemaker, July 09, 2009, 10:17 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Peacemaker

I was threatened with arrest yesterday.  So was Dan.   And so was Sam (but he got jumped). 

Sam, while following the law, requested to photograph some public records.  As he began to do so, one of the bored monkeys decided he would not allow Sam to take photos of paperwork, in front the clerks window (per their new piece of paperwork unsigned, hanging in the lobby).

And so the stand off began.  One bored monkey just couldn't stop himself from flexing his muscles and proceeded to approach Sam, step on his foot, then touch/grab his hand.   Sam called the cops, to respond to this aggression from the monkey. 

One officer walked through the lobby, not too long after, never stopping.  Sam called again.  An officer showed up, grabbed the documents Sam was reviewing and gave them to one of the clerks behind the glass.  Then said "come back later" and proceeded to usher Sam out the door.   As Sam turned, he delivered some soft spoken CHOICE words up close and personal into the officers face (priceless!).  The officer held the door for Sam to leave, Sam considered his choices and decided he was going to stay and walked the other direction.  After a couple moments of the officer holding the door for no one...he quickly let go and ran away.  Sam called the police again, on the police and no one ever showed up again.

I engaged the aggressive monkey about his tactics, trying to use words to influence him.  He didn't like hearing me or my questions so he decided he would silence me with the threat of arrest (i should have brought some bananas).  He started a countdown of 5...4...3...  I questioned his seriousness then made about 2 steps to my right when he hit 3 and I was off the hook. 

The same monkey, thinking Dan was recording, tried to take his phone.  He offerred to sell it for $700.  Dan was told to leave or he would be arrested.  Dan left for 10 minutes, then suddenly reappeared telling the monkey he was back because he thought he "missed" him.

Another activists' phone was asked to handed over and he refused as well, keeping his phone and seat in the lobby.

Sam was told to leave again by the most aggressive monkey, but this time he tried to jump Sam, grab and arrest him.  Sam escaped the attemped grab like Houdini and distanced himself from the aggressor.

Someone asked the monkey after, "if we had done this to you, what would have happened to us?"  It was the only time I could really see the monkey's brain thinking honestly.

After being told to wait till 3, we were then told there was some "emergency" and Sam would have to come back tomorrow to see the person who would help him.  Sam and 2 others then headed off to the cop shop in the pouring rain.

PS: Next time, we definitely should bring some bananas as perhaps this will work in calming and influencing the monkeys who work there.

Fluff and Stuff

Actually, Andrew was closest to being arrested.  He was told that he was under arrest.

SamIam

cynthia

Wow! Is this an accurate description of what went down?... hilarious! Wish I had been there to witness. It is possible that this will start encouraging the monkeys to just not show up and bother people as much, as it seems to be quite embarrassing for them and a check on their assumed authority. Kudos to everyone there!

Kat Kanning

Could you translate what you mean by monkey?  I'm finding this confusing.  Was it a clerk?

41mag

AntonLee

I can't wait to move out near there.  The Keene aggressive bureaucrats will wish they could have a day where only Sam and a few activists showed up, instead of what they might get- like 30.

Peacemaker

Quote from: 41mag on July 09, 2009, 12:35 PM NHFT
I think he means these guys:

That's a good pic but my "Monkey" was wearing one of the famed blue sport jackets, no hat.   

Peacemaker

Quote from: cynthia on July 09, 2009, 10:27 AM NHFT
Wow! Is this an accurate description of what went down?... hilarious! Wish I had been there to witness. It is possible that this will start encouraging the monkeys to just not show up and bother people as much, as it seems to be quite embarrassing for them and a check on their assumed authority. Kudos to everyone there!

Yes it's true, plus what Keith said (I missed Andrew's threat of arrest, just saw him refusing to give them his phone (recording device? :) )

Peacemaker

We might have broke a record for being threatened with so many (bluff) "arrested" comments.

Fluff and Stuff

A group of folks (four reporters and me) went to the city hall today.  Lance said that he would of allowed Sam to record the documents (as the law requires) and said he will educate his workers on that.

JJ

Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 09, 2009, 10:36 AM NHFT
Could you translate what you mean by monkey?  I'm finding this confusing.  Was it a clerk?

A bailiff.

Sam A. Robrin

"Education" is not enough for someone who openly admits he doesn't care about the law, deliberately flouts it, struts about threatening arrest over unsubstantiated random charges, and ultimately commits assault.  I think he should be brought up on charges of treason, but would be content if he simply lost his job.  (The cop who defied the law to assist him should be charged with treason, zero tolerance.)

Coconut

Here are all the records for police incidents at the KDC on Wednesday:

Peacemaker

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on July 12, 2009, 08:01 AM NHFT
"Education" is not enough for someone who openly admits he doesn't care about the law, deliberately flouts it, struts about threatening arrest over unsubstantiated random charges, and ultimately commits assault.  I think he should be brought up on charges of treason, but would be content if he simply lost his job.  (The cop who defied the law to assist him should be charged with treason, zero tolerance.)

This is a great idea.