• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren Canario now in state prison via the PATRIOT act.

Started by FTL_Ian, September 21, 2005, 08:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Since the other thread has gone off track a bit, I'll post the latest here.  Lauren's husband Jim called in again with an update on her tonight.  She has apparantly been moved to "York Prison" in CT.  She is now either being held under or charged with the "PATRIOT" act.  I'll link to the archive later tonight so you can hear it straight from Jim.

Kat Kanning

Trespassing -> terrorist ???  She was in York prison before today.

Pat McCotter

Kat posted this yesterday:

Quote from: katdillon on September 20, 2005, 03:13 PM NHFT
Lauren's case was continued until tomorrow.  She didn't post the $5000 bail and she's being held in the women's prison in York, CT.

York is the only women prison in CT.

FTL_Ian

Sorry guys... I missed that part.  Well then, "she's being held under the PATRIOT act" (Jim's words) is the new information.   >:(

Bastards.  I hope you guys bring a camera this weekend!

Here's the link to the archive:  (only the first few mins relate to this)

http://freetalklive.com/files/FTL092105B.mp3

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

What is this about the Patriot Act?   ???

I don't understand.

FTL_Ian

I wish I knew, but that's all the reference to it we have received.  Now that news is two days old...

Caleb

Has anyone thought of involving the ACLU on this one?  This may be over our heads ... she may be in real trouble here. 

Caleb

Russell Kanning

We were in over our heads from the start ..... she is in real trouble here ..... the judge is in even more trouble .... they want to intimidate us ... and she won't back down ..... why should we?

.....  do we need stinkin lawyers? ..... Lauren didn't want a lawyer last week

The kelo 7 had the IJ big wigs and they still lost in the supreme court.

JonM

Michael Fisher

This has nothing to do with the Patriot Act.  Her husband said that was just a rumor and he does not believe it at all, so I took it off the front page.

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

I never believed the Patriot Act stuff.  She would be in a federal lockup in that case.

TackleTheWorld

I was in state prison but I'm guessing the charge of "refusing to be fingerprinted" has been upgraded to a felony by the patriot act.  The police said it was a felony in Connecticut (a puzzling statement, aren't felonies the same in every state?).  That and the volatile combination of Bill Von Winkle's exaggeration and Jim's dispair probably caused this rumor.

Russell Kanning

I was picturing you sitting serenely in jail while the rest of us were freaking out on the outside.