• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

LDS churches offering disaster preparedness classes

Started by KBCraig, July 10, 2009, 03:11 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

This was in my local paper (1,500+ miles from NH), but I imagine that wherever there are Mormons, there are similar offerings. I struck out real names, even though I know anyone could find the names and locations with a simple search.

I have profound theological differences with the LDS church, but I have the greatest respect for their private charity system. This strikes me as something that anyone, no matter their faith (or non-faith) could get behind.

Article:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will host an Emergency Preparedness Fair from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at (xxx).

"Although it seems (xxx) has been spared from many of the recession issues other communities face, we may not always be so lucky," said (J) of the church's public affairs council. "(R) and (T), members of the local church, feel strongly that everyone could use some help in being prepared for difficult times."

Several booths will be set up with information about the following topics:

n financial issues and debt elimination;

n alternate forms of stove cooking;

n first-aid preparedness;

n grinding, cooking and storing wheat;

n generators;

n canning and food storage;

n dehydrating; and

n gardening.

"We don't know when problems may affect us and we don't know how long it will last," said Woody, who lives in (xxx) and practices medicine in (xxx).

(T), the congregation's Scout leader and an Eagle Scout, agreed.

"We must be prepared ... for all things."

Citing the fact that hurricane season is here, (J) said now would be a good time to get started.

Free door prizes will be awarded during the day.

For more information, contact (J) at........

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Long, long ago... in a place far, far away... I was engaged to a LDS woman. One of the things that I did like about the LDS was their doctrine and covenants that said that every LDS member should have at least a years worth of food put back for an emergency... along with some other very good rules that can be described as "survivalist-minded".