• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

[s]KancaMagus[/s] Saco for late July birthdays

Started by Sovereign Curtis, July 14, 2009, 10:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

Sounds interesting.  My bug bites have healed up pretty well.  So I guess it is time to get some fresh ones.

Sovereign Curtis

Russell Kanning

how deep is the river, how fast does it flow?
we don't have tubes, but we do have pool lounge beds

Sovereign Curtis

Its been a decade or so since I've been there, but if I recall correctly...your lounge thingies are going to get popped. If you try to take them down the river, that is. If you just float with them in one place, you should be fine, but when traveling down the river at a "high" speed, it helps to have a little more rubber to meet the rocks.

As far as speed, I'm going to have to say Low to Moderate. The spring thaw should be pretty much thawed, right? I'm hoping for calm, and maybe a little warming (but I'm not holding my breath).

Depth varies up n down the river.

dalebert

Is a KangaMangus anything like a Katamari?

AntonLee

I always thought the spelling was Kancamangus.  I always pronounced it with a kaynkahmainegus

dalebert

Quote from: AntonLee on July 17, 2009, 01:52 PM NHFT
I always thought the spelling was Kancamangus.  I always pronounced it with a kaynkahmainegus

There is a remote possibility that I will occasionally make a mistake. Mark it on your calendar because it don't happen often!  ;)

Sovereign Curtis

Anton I pronounce it the same way.

Dale whats a Katamari?

AntonLee

Dale, I wasn't really referring to your spelling, just in general.  This isn't a NHFree issue, it's a human being issue.  Human beings have a hard time spelling kancamangus.  I just wanted to put the spelling as I saw it out there.

dalebert

Sovereign Curtis

Dale, apparently a Kancamagus is nothing like a Katamari.

Recumbent ReCycler

Sounds like fun, but I don't know the area.  I'm considering possibly going, but would need to know where to meet.  Can someone post grid coordinates or a link to a map pinpointing where everyone would meet?

KBCraig

Sovereign Curtis

Sovereign Curtis

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=136650221448#wall_posts

Looks like we'll be switching to Saco, which is just around the corner from the Kancamagus. Hhhmmm, maybe i should change the name of this thread.

Also, looks like Will & Amy will be renting us their bus, it seats twenty, and would cost just under $20 per person. I'd like to fill it up with Keeniacs, but if I'm not able to, we could pick people up on our route (and maybe prorate their fee :P). I'm told NH law says its ok to imbibe en route, so long as your keep the open container behind the magic line.

Also, switching to Saco would allow us to have a specific place to meet up.

Any thoughts?