• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Jury Duty CD

Started by bigmike, July 15, 2009, 10:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

I don't know what's special about Alameda County, California, but I used to get called for jury duty every 6 months or so.  And I never once got as far as even being asked questions as part of the screening process.  It would always be one of the following:

1) Call a number twice a day, every day for a week, making no plans, to see whether or not I had to report to Central CENTRAL Intelligence, and never needing to go.   :duh:

2) Report to CCI, sit around for an hour or two, and then be sent home.   :angry4:

Five years in New Hampshire and I have yet to be called.   :dontknow:

I'd love to be on a jury.  I'd show THEM some freakin' justice...   :fryingpan:

Pat McCotter

The whole time we were in NH neither of us got called.

In CT you get called and go to jury selection for one day. If you get selected you serve on that jury to completion. If you are not selected, that's it, you go home. You then cannot be called for three years.

When we were in CT before I was called three times, three years to the day between them. I went through voir dire each time but was not selected.

thinkliberty

Quote from: Kevin Dean on January 10, 2010, 08:56 PM NHFT
I sent a letter in similar tone to the Social Security Administration when I told them I was opting out of the program.

I got a crappy form letter back. Bureaucrats are no fun, I tell ya. We write letters, paint signs, build seige walls... They copy, paste and rubber stamp forms. Every vestige of their humanity is killed by government, I think. It's so sad.

Odds are, you won't be selected even if you show up. You've sent that letter which will now be stapled to the questionarie. It might be best to simply tell them you've moved so they don't issue a warrant if that's what they're going to do.

And just for fun, I think you should tell them you moved to Pensacola, FL. :)

"The bureaucrat is really like a blackmailer. You can never pay him off, the more you give him, the more he'll demand. If you fill in one form, he'll give you ten." - Orson Wells, http://www.wellesnet.com/Sketchbook episode3.htm

doobie

Never been called for Jury duty; ever.  Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing.

BoyntonStu

You are summoned for jury duty.

You are required to show up at the appointed time.

Someone will ask you to stand up and swear an oath.

Before doing anything, step forward an ask, "Is this a request or is this an order?"

NO ONE can force you to swear an oath.

NO ONE was ever drafted into the military.

Everyone was a volunteer!

Before you step forward and swear in, you are a civilian, not subject to military orders.

See:  YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.  and learn.

Lloyd Danforth

When we gonna get a 'yawn' smilee thing?

Kat Kanning

OK, I did 2 for you, yawn and bored.

:yawn: :bored:

Lloyd Danforth

Thank You. I'll probably misuse them.

Kat Kanning

That second one makes me sleepy. :bored:

Russell Kanning

the second one looks like loyd on a tough day

Lloyd Danforth

Except for the 'blue face' part.