• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hello... Visiting NH for the first time with the intent of moving

Started by Antigone, July 16, 2009, 11:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

porcupine kate

Hello. 

I would love to show you around Manchester but I will be on my Honeymoon.  8) (we just moved the dates)
I'm sure you can find good people to show you around Manchvegas.

Just so you know Manchester reminds me of the suburbs of northern New Jersey.  It is going to have a town feel to anyone used to large cites.  It does have good selection of ethnic food restaurants and ethnic grocery stores. 
Parking is much easier than most cites.  You will want a car in NH.  Manchester is the only place you could get a way without a car.  It is still hard.
Shopping is harder up here.  They have most things up here.  The only problem it is only one store has it in the whole state and it isn't near anywhere you need to go.  Selection in stores tends to be smaller up here too.  No sales tax is great and the internet has anything you can't find.  Also since most things are sold by small local the customer service is friendly and some what slower than what you find in large cities.  (The slowness drives my New Yorker sister nuts along with the lack of good pizza)
Manchester is by far the safest city I have lived in.  (NYC, Jersey City, DC, Richmond VA)  I say this living in the "worst" neighbourhood in Manchester.   
Things to do and check out in NH while you are here.
http://www.nhliving.com/events/oct.shtml
There are a bunch of fairs and festivals listed here.  You will be in NH  during the prettiest part of fall.  It is also a busy tourist season.
The Deerfield fair is oldest in the country and a lot of fun. 
The Warner fall foliage festival is in a really cute small town whithe the only real NYC style pizza I have found in this state.  Charlie Macs is the pizza place in Warner.

October 10th and 11th is the gun show in Manchester.  Second Amendment Sisters will have a table there.  These are really interesting if you have never been to a gun show.  It will be at the Raddison hotel on Elm Street in Manchester.

I would also recommend joining libertyladies.org  This is ladies group here in NH.  Good people who can also help with your visit to NH.
Also check out the moving guide on the FSP web site.
This is a great help in planning a move to NH.
http://www.freestateproject.org/moving_guide

I hope you enjoy your visit and decide to move.
Kate

Antigone

Porcupine Kate, thank you so much for your input! I'm so thoroughly excited about visiting with all the Porcupines!  Something really strange would have to happen for me to NOT move to NH.   ;D

toowm

Antigone and Liberty Ladies -

Ask my wife about playing Ismene.  :)

We'd be available for any Manchester meet-n-greet. I'll be in San Jose a couple times over the next two months.

Antigone

toowm-

Let me know when.  I'm talking to some fr33agents right now about having some anarchist meetups around here and it would be great to meet you!  I've recently started supporting the motorhomediaries.com guys and will be hosting them over here as soon as I get back from NH in late October.  Right after *that* I hope to interviewing for jobs in NH...  We'll see.  I CANNOT wait to be out there and helping out.  ;D

I guess I should throw it out there that I am UI Designer by trade with a Bachelor's degree in film. :)