• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Health care self-service

Started by Jacobus, July 21, 2009, 06:35 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Humorrhoid

For heavy metals : Selenium & Vit.c. It works...... It comes with a self service  alarm clock , it goes off every 3 minutes & late most of the time for my appointments.

What could you possibly do in 3 minutes.

Raineyrocks

http://www.naturalnews.com/026759_urinary_tract_infection_sugar_infections.html

How a Simple Sugar can Stop a Urinary Tract Infection Dead in its Tracks
Sunday, August 02, 2009 by: Kerri Knox, RN, citizen journalist

(NaturalNews) Urinary tract infections are not only painful, but with a trip to the doctor's office and a regimen of antibiotics (the usual treatment), it ends up being expensive and inconvenient as well. But it doesn't have to be that way. Taken at the first signs of a urinary tract infection, a specific type of sugar called D-Mannose can stop a urinary tract infection fast- without antibiotics and without side effects.

For those with a urinary tract infection, life stops until the painful problem is taken care of. Usually it requires an unscheduled trip to the doctor or emergency room with a course of antibiotics, as well as an antifungal for the inevitable yeast infection that follows. But antibiotics have undesirable side effects, such as yeast infection in women, and the bacteria from urinary tract infections are becoming more and more resistant. With one study concluding, "Bacterial resistance in UTI in Chinese females is a severe problem, which could be resulted from antimicrobial irrational use." the option of antibiotics for urinary tract infections is becoming less and less of an option.

But this doesn't have to be the case. Most people who have suffered with a 'UTI', as they are called, know that drinking cranberry juice is an effective prevention, but what few know is that the ingredient in cranberries that makes it work so well for urinary tract infections is a sugar called D-mannose.

How can sugar stop a UTI?

D-Mannose IS a sugar- yet it doesn't ACT like sugar. It tastes slightly bitter and it doesn't raise blood sugar levels, but this sugar has a special trait makes it incredibly useful in the treatment of urinary tract infections. The main bacteria that cause urinary tract infections are called Escherichia Coli or simply 'E Coli' for short. E Coli causes urinary tract infections by grabbing onto the wall of the bladder with hook-like projections. Once stuck, it can reproduce and cause an infection. But D-mannose has the unique ability to prevent this adhesion by making the wall too slippery for the E Coli bacteria to stick.

With the bladder constantly having fluids passing through it, this is an incredibly efficient way of preventing and stopping an infection because the bacteria that don't stick are simply washed away out of the body. While there have not been very many studies done on humans taking D-Mannose, the ones that have been done have shown the natural product to be safe and effective for not only Preventing UTI's, but also as a Treatment for them. When used as soon as a UTI is noticed, symptoms are usually gone within 24 hours.

With increasing resistance to bacteria and the harsh effects they have on the body, antibiotics are becoming less and less of an option for urinary tract infections and other non life threatening bacterial infections. Instead, using this simple prevention and treatment for Urinary Tract Infections is easy, inexpensive and doesn't require a doctor's visit or the need for antibiotics.

Resources

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...

http://www.urinary-tract-infection-...

http://iai.asm.org/cgi/content/abst...

Raineyrocks

Now, this is the kind of research results I like!  ;D 

http://www.naturalnews.com/026697_Marijuana_cancer_health.html

Marijuana Has Anti-Cancer Properties
Saturday, July 25, 2009 by: David Gutierrez, staff writer

(NaturalNews) The active ingredient in marijuana appears to target cancerous brain cells for destruction while leaving healthy cells alone, according to a study conducted by researchers from the Complutense University in Madrid, and published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation.

Researchers first conducted an experiment in mice that had been engineered to carry three different grafts of human brain cancer. They injected the mice daily with the molecule tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) near the site of the tumors once each day. The chemical appeared to stimulate the cancerous cells to engage in a process known as autophagy, in which cells initiate their own breakdown.

"These results may help to design new cancer therapies based on the use of medicines containing the active principle of marijuana and/or in the activation of autophagy," researcher Guillermo Velasco said.

THC belongs to a class of chemicals known as cannabinoids, named after the cannabis (marijuana) plant in which they occur. It is the chemical responsible for the psychoactive effects of marijuana consumption.

In a followup experiment, the researchers extracted and analyzed brain tissue from two patients with an aggressive form of brain cancer known as "recurrent glioblastoma multiforme." The patients were treated with THC for either 26 or 30 days, then the researchers extracted and analyzed another sample.

After examining the brain tissue under an electron microscope, the researchers discovered that THC treatment resulted in death of cancerous cells but had no effect on healthy ones. The researchers were also able to discover the signaling pathway by which THC acts.

The research opens up the possibility that cannabinoid research could yield "a new family of potential antitumoral agents," the researchers wrote.

Glioblastoma multiforme is the most common and aggressive form of primary brain tumor. Without treatment, the average patient lives only three months after being diagnosed with the cancer. Treatment extends the average life expectancy after diagnosis by less than a year.

Sources for this story include: rawstory.com; health.usnews.com.

PassionatePantherrr

Regarding E.D., it really depends on the reasons for it. There is no blanket cure all (eg. ginseng is for energy, but if you have high blood pressure, you should monitor your bp to make sure it doesn't have an effect on you at your intake level). There are at least 4 or 5 related chinese herbal formulas that could apply, depending on what other symptoms one may have, and whether one is vegetarian, as some of the "herbs" used for this condition come from animal source.

Humorrhoid

For Erectile Dysfucntion. I heard pineapple juice is good. Specifically Dole pineapple juice. Rcommended by Bob.

antijingoist

Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 21, 2009, 06:49 AM NHFT
I did a month long juice fast and felt the best I've ever felt.  Kira did it for about 3 weeks and I think it did wonders for her.  The protocol we were using is at http://juicefeasting.com.

I'm probably going to forget to ask, but I'll try to remember to ask about it the next time the wife and I see you... this sounds like something we'd like to do.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Humorrhoid on August 08, 2009, 06:04 PM NHFT

For Erectile Dysfucntion. I heard pineapple juice is good. Specifically Dole pineapple juice. Rcommended by Bob.

Well, if this ever happens to Rick, I will hide that damn pineapple juice!  ::)

Humorrhoid

Quote from: raineyrocks on September 07, 2009, 10:04 AM NHFT

Don't hide. Drop a few alprazolam & you can go to the US Open he wouldn't even know..

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Humorrhoid on July 31, 2009, 03:22 PM NHFT
PG 13

Well of course I'm biased toward the one I did

Self service .Hmmmm.

What is a good herbal remedies for men with erectile dysfunction?

Take 30 drops of lapdance remedy!  ;D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Humorrhoid on September 08, 2009, 09:30 AM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on September 07, 2009, 10:04 AM NHFT

Don't hide. Drop a few alprazolam & you can go to the US Open he wouldn't even know..

Good idea, but then who would cook dinner?   >:D   

Rick was in a long leg cast, (no pun intended), and that didn't even stop him and I mean like 4 x a day!   He'll find me at the US Open, believe me.  :D