• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gay got saved at Kilgore protest

Started by joeyforpresident, September 23, 2005, 02:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

joeyforpresident

Larry Kilgore, the GOP candidate for governor in Texas, protested an event in the Oak Lawn section of Dallas on Sunday (I was in Austin for the Libertarian Party's Weekend for Winners seminar), and out of that gay-vs-anti-gay rally was a man who gave his lifestyle and life over to the Lord.

Hooray!

See, just proves that it is just a choice.

Eli

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

Joey, I think we need to have a serious talk...  :o

FTL_Ian

Eli,

Joey has some libertarian tendencies, but for the most part he's a religious zealot, conspiracy theory-pushing crackpot!

Hey Joey,

How many gays do you actually KNOW?  <smited>

FTL_Ian

Quote from: joeyforpresident on September 23, 2005, 02:24 PM NHFT

Larry Kilgore, the GOP candidate for governor in Texas, protested an event in the Oak Lawn section of Dallas on Sunday (I was in Austin for the Libertarian Party's Weekend for Winners seminar), and out of that gay-vs-anti-gay rally was a man who gave his lifestyle and life over to the Lord.

Hooray!

By the way, if I were a scam artist preacher, I'd hire someone to "convert" publicly, so I could "prove" it to people like you! 

"Look!  I've converted yet another gay!  But, my friends, we need more money to keep the conversions going, please donate now at 1-800-GIV2GOD"

If I wasn't so damn honest, I'd probably go start a church.  10% tithes are very nice.  Get 10 members giving you 10% of their income and you're sitting pretty.  Not to mention all the tax breaks.  What a scam!

GT

If he hadn't been "saved" Kilgore would have had him executed. Kilgore is a total nut case.

KBCraig

Quote from: joeyforpresident on September 23, 2005, 02:24 PM NHFT

Actions are always a matter of choice. Choices reflect not our deepest desires, but our control of self.

Mike and Amethyste choose to be celibate.

Mary and I choose to be faithful and monogamous.

Polyanarch and his partners choose to live a polyamorous lifestyle.

Giving the benefit of the doubt to the situation you described in Texas, the man in question didn't just decide to not be attracted to othe rmen. He chose to stop sleeping with men; that's not the same thing at all. Do you believe that Mike and Amethyste being celibate means they're not attracted to each other? Do you believe that Mary and I choosing to be faithfully monogamous means we're never attracted to anyone else?

I don't know why I'm bothering, but I had to say something.

Kevin

Michael Fisher

Good points, Kevin.  But from my experience, he just won't reply.

FTL_Ian

Not that I'm really into knowing about your sex life, LR6, but my curiousity has been piqued.

The dictionary definition of celibate means no intercourse.  Sexual Intercourse is defined as:

Main Entry: sexual intercourse
Function: noun
1 : heterosexual intercourse involving penetration of the vagina by the penis : COITUS
2 : intercourse involving genital contact between individuals other than penetration of the vagina by the penis

Does your definition fit or expand beyond that?  In a celibate relationship is the following allowed:

Masturbation?
Digital or manual manipulation of genitalia?
Manipulation of genitalia with an sex toy?
Oral Sex?

FTL_Ian

Interesting.  Do you get wet dreams as a result?

polyanarch

I also choose to continue respirating and move my bowels every so often.

Of course I could "choose" not to as well.

All of life is choice.  The question is, are we free to exercise those choices or will government deign to make them for us?

Michael Fisher

Quote from: polyanarch on September 23, 2005, 10:43 PM NHFT
I also choose to continue respirating and move my bowels every so often.

Of course I could "choose" not to as well.

All of life is choice.? The question is, are we free to exercise those choices or will government deign to make them for us?

Government will deign to make them for us, but we still have a choice, even with the threat of death upon us.   8)

That's what I like about free will:  the "free" part.   ;)

Caleb

QuoteIf I wasn't so damn honest, I'd probably go start a church.  10% tithes are very nice.  Get 10 members giving you 10% of their income and you're sitting pretty.  Not to mention all the tax breaks.  What a scam!

Unfortunately the few scam artists give everyone a bad name, but I can tell you that the vast majority of pastors aren't getting rich.  Most pastors consider it inethical to beg for money.  The tendency in a lot of churches is to not even pass the plate anymore, but to let giving be completely voluntary.  Once church expenses are paid, (mortgage on the church, energy costs, church sanctioned charities), the Pastor rarely makes more than a basic standard of living. 

Pat McCotter

The pastors I've seen also have a "day job" that pays the home bills.